2023-2024 Schedule

I never understood this play all of the locals, this is not Philadelphia and the Big Five. You need a cupcake or two (not five or six) so increasing the SOS is important but we shouldn't be playing all of the locals as there is no real benefit to us. Definitely more to lose than to win. One or two okay, but again not them all every year.
I basically agree. They need to cut down on playing so many teams in the high 200s and 300s in NET (merrimack, lafayette, contral conn., etc.). They can do that by getting rid of those games and adding teams in the 75-160 range, which are quad 3 home games. There are a few local teams that probably fit the bill (fordham, hofstra, iona), but it doesn't really matter who the teams are as long as their metrics are better.

I wonder if the opening game of the Rick Pitino era would be at MSG against a real high profile opponent. Like Kentucky? Probably won't happen but that would be "gold, Jerry, gold"!
I love this idea. I'd like to think it would draw a big crowd but in NY who knows that time of year. Seems like conference play is when NY gets on board with college hoops.

Venues for next year and amount of games outside CA getting upgraded big time next year !!!!

Very good chance of 8 MSG ( us elitists dont want MSG In our chinese food even though we dont know what MSG is )

2 UBS

2 Barclays

Potentially

Last edited:
But will we have a team? 🤣🤣

basketball-hoosiers.gif

Venues for next year and amount of games outside CA getting upgraded big time next year !!!!

Very good chance of 8 MSG ( us elitists dont want MSG In our chinese food even though we dont know what MSG is )

2 UBS

2 Barclays

Potentially
Are you talking about this next season or the following one?

2 UBS

2 Barclays

Potentially
Thanks MJM, confirmation of major CA upgrades is great news. For selfish reasons, I would like more games (another 2-4) at UBS as a secondary location to MSG. It's a brand new arena plus I believe it's conveniently located for many of the St. John's fanbase.

Thanks MJM, confirmation of major CA upgrades is great news. For selfish reasons, I would like more games (another 2-4) at UBS as a secondary location to MSG. It's a brand new arena plus I believe it's conveniently located for many of the St. John's fanbase.
UBS is an awful place to watch basketball. Keep the games at MSG and Barclays.

UBS is an awful place to watch basketball. Keep the games at MSG and Barclays.
I think “awful” is harsh. It was built for hockey as its main tenant, but the plane was always to bring college basketball there.

UBS games expands the action east where there is a solid fanbase. This is actually good marketing.

Heck, I would argue Barclays is a worse place for SJU because anything that originates outside of Brooklyn is considered foreign.

I am surprised part of the deal to play there did not include moving back to Schermerhorn.

Awful is watching the Isles play at Barclays with an inordinate number of instructed seats, the overhead scoreboard over the blue line, and a SUV parked on the open horseshoe end.

Back