2023-2024 Schedule

One of my worst in-person St. John's memories was taking a red eye from San Francisco, then driving in the snow on no sleep to get to the Coliseum to watch us lose to Hofstra. Good times. 😁
13-2 All Time vs Hofstra and you went through all that for 1 of 2 all time losses. Yikes.🥶

13-2 All Time vs Hofstra and you went through all that for 1 of 2 all time losses. Yikes.🥶

I remembered more than 2 losses back in the early 2000's so I looked in the media guide. Actual record is 22-5 with 4 losses in row between 2003 and 2006. 2003-Jarvis 2004, 2005, 2006-Norm

talked about this in prior Threads- who says NO to a mix of SJU/Hall/Rutgers/Hofstra/Iona/FDU/Fordham...etc... so many choices... 8 teams/3games each/3days of full day basketball
Didn't see it talked about. Probably not Hall since they're Big East and we already play them at least 2X, but all the others are great. Could also throw Fairfield and Stonybrook in the mix too. Plenty of area schools to choose from as you said.

Col
Didn't see it talked about. Probably not Hall since they're Big East and we already play them at least 2X, but all the others are great. Could also throw Fairfield and Stonybrook in the mix too. Plenty of area schools to choose from as you said.
Columbia could be a possible invite also

Cragg to do list for the 2023-24 schedule:

1. Play the locals - LIU, Iona, Hofstra, Stony Brook, Columbia etc. No more imported cupcakes...
2. No fewer than three Power 5 schools in the OOC, in addition to...
3. Renew the Duke series!
4. At least 8 games at MSG total
5. One Power 5 OOC game at UBS

I never understood this play all of the locals, this is not Philadelphia and the Big Five. You need a cupcake or two (not five or six) so increasing the SOS is important but we shouldn't be playing all of the locals as there is no real benefit to us. Definitely more to lose than to win. One or two okay, but again not them all every year.

talked about this in prior Threads- who says NO to a mix of SJU/Hall/Rutgers/Hofstra/Iona/FDU/Fordham...etc... so many choices... 8 teams/3games each/3days of full day basketball

A more glorified Holiday Festival which I believe they tried to do. Teams tend to what to travel when they can for their Holiday tournaments. Try it on a one or two day basis but not a round robin and you might have something. NY vs NJ/Connecticut.

Back