2022 Yankees

I was glad to see Boone ride with Trivino for 7 outs today. We do not have great options in the pen, so if someone is going well during a game, he should stay in (within reason, of course). If we lose tomorrow because Trivino is not available, that's just tough luck. We needed this win, today.

I agree , Boone manages his relievers way too much to a formula rather than who is pitching well at the time. Formula is ok if they are machines, but each player has his ups and downs and Boone not very good predicting the downs!!

Forget wins and losses, the biggest annoyance this season (by far) is trying to find the game on TV.

I am an Android guy, I don't have AppleTV and I am not starting a trial for three games. The greed that is going on in the television industry has created a fragmented and inconvenient experience for consumers.

Serenity Now!
The greed from the TV industry stems from the greed of the players. When players are turning down multi million dollar contracts where do you think the money is going to come from? Families going to games? The typical family of 4 can almost go to the Bahamas for what they will spend on a few games. Advertisers? They are more select then usual. And now that corporations are getting banged with taxes from the government that may surely put some companies at a critical financial state, where is the money going to come from.

keeping up with old friends
It’s still early in Gallo’s Dodgers tenure -- and he’s almost exclusively faced right-handed pitching -- but so far his offensive results have taken a step forward. In 82 games with New York this year, Gallo slashed .159/.282/.339. In 12 games (eight starts) with the Dodgers, he’s slashed .267/.371/.667 in 35 plate appearances.

Benintendi LF
Judge CF
Rizzo 1B
LeMahieu DH
Donaldson 3B
Cabrera 2B
Trevino C
Kiner-Falefa SS
Gonzalez RF

Aaron Boone has changed the batting order I would guess maybe 80-90 times. Wonder if measurables can show if any effect on performance!

Did just enough to win. German was very good tonight. Both relievers the same. That pop up error, oye. Gonzalez needs to take charge there. One game at a time.

Did just enough to win. German was very good tonight. Both relievers the same. That pop up error, oye. Gonzalez needs to take charge there. One game at a time.
I think you need more wild gesticulations on a play like that. Just screaming "I've got it" when 50,000 people in the crowd are making noise, just won't cut it.

Benintendi has been a big contributor in these two games. I prefer him over DJ in the leadoff spot, because of the speed element that he brings. DJ is not making it to third on Rizzo's first inning hit, and Benintendi's doing that led directly to our first run of the game.

I think you need more wild gesticulations on a play like that. Just screaming "I've got it" when 50,000 people in the crowd are making noise, just won't cut it.

Benintendi has been a big contributor in these two games. I prefer him over DJ in the leadoff spot, because of the speed element that he brings. DJ is not making it to third on Rizzo's first inning hit, and Benintendi's doing that led directly to our first run of the game.
I like DJ in the 2 hole, Judge at 3.

Back