2022 Yankees

And then after that, a second trip to the West Coast (granted it's the Angels and Oakland, but it's still tough going out there twice, in such a short period of time).

I agree, that it's a brutal August schedule. The September/early October schedule is slightly more forgiving, but not by much.

That being said, the Marniers have been playing well, but it comes with an asterisk. Since July 2nd, they are 18-7. That record consists of going 1-6 vs. Houston (who they're actually finished with, despite being in the same division), 0-1 vs. the Yankees, and 17-0 vs. everybody else. And you think we don't beat good teams...

Sorry. Double posted. I hit the wrong button, somewhere.

Last edited:
Gallo gone!! Sounds like he has been traded to the Dodgers for some pine tar. Actually, an AA pitcher. When do we hear about Donaldson being sent somewhere? Heard Yanks were talking to Rays about Choi and Phillips. Hosmer to the Red Sux. Not part of the Soto trade.

Gallo gone!! Sounds like he has been traded to the Dodgers for some pine tar. Actually, an AA pitcher. When do we hear about Donaldson being sent somewhere? Heard Yanks were talking to Rays about Choi and Phillips. Hosmer to the Red Sux. Not part of the Soto trade.
Hey hey-ey, goodbye
Na na na na, Na na na na, Hey Hey-ey, Goodbye

yes finally Gallo gone

What would they do with Choi when they have Rizzo as a regular a 1B, Carpenter as a left handed bat off the bench and LaMachine as a jack of all trades all of whom can play 1B and then Giancarlo as DH.

Donaldson isn’t going anywhere. Defense has been solid but the bat has been MIA.

I knew they weren’t going to DFA him as there was some interest, still they were able to get something more than a bag of balls and someone who I assume at the very least can step in and take the place of the one of the minor league pitchers we gave up.

What would they do with Choi when they have Rizzo as a regular a 1B, Carpenter as a left handed bat off the bench and LaMachine as a jack of all trades all of whom can play 1B and then Giancarlo as DH.

Donaldson isn’t going anywhere. Defense has been solid but the bat has been MIA.

I knew they weren’t going to DFA him as there was some interest, still they were able to get something more than a bag of balls and someone who I assume at the very least can step in and take the place of the one of the minor league pitchers we gave up.
I agree. Just reporting what I heard.

Yankees traded Montgomery to the Cardinals for a center fielder, Harrison Bader. Makes no sense to me! The Yankees need all the starting pitching they can get. By the way, Bader is currently on the IL.
I don't like it either, but I guess someone has to replace Gallo. Even on the DL Bader may have a higher OBP.

I don't like it either, but I guess someone has to replace Gallo. Even on the DL Bader may have a higher OBP.
Don’t get this trade at all - a decent lefty starter for an ok injured cf

So now rotation is
1. Nestor
2. Cole
3. Montas
4. Taillon
5. ?

Who besides the Astros in the AL scares you in the playoffs
In general, anybody can beat anybody in the postseason, and that's especially true in the best-of-5 ALDS.

I also think, while we want homefield in the ALCS, the 1 seed is going to have a tougher first round matchup, whatever it is.

In general, anybody can beat anybody in the postseason, and that's especially true in the best-of-5 ALDS.

I also think, while we want homefield in the ALCS, the 1 seed is going to have a tougher first round matchup, whatever it is.
Guess for the short-term the Yanks hierarchy likes German over Montgomery. Was never a big fan of Montgomery, but for a backup CFer?

Yet another annoying loss. Boone let Luetge and Abreu go one batter too many for each. Taillon really struggled throughout. Might as well be the 1st to say it, but Benintendi looks like Gallo up there. Can't hit a fastball up. Just like Gallo. Sloppy plays tonight. Unforced error by Donaldson, although he had a strong showing at the plate. What the hell happened on that double steal? Which Ace gets the best of the other tomorrow? Big game tomorrow before the long road trip. Don't want to go out west on a 2 game losing streak, especially when the Jays are now down to 10 in the loss column.

Yankees traded Montgomery to the Cardinals for a center fielder, Harrison Bader. Makes no sense to me! The Yankees need all the starting pitching they can get. By the way, Bader is currently on the IL.
I donKt get this one either unless they also had a deal for another starting pitcher that fell through which means you don’t pull the trigger on this one until it’s completed!

Guess for the short-term the Yanks hierarchy likes German over Montgomery. Was never a big fan of Montgomery, but for a backup CFer?
Well to be fair, they like having German and the CF'er more than having Monty & German for one rotation spot.
I get it...With a 12 game lead with two months to play, the 5th spot in the rotation isn't that important... but our rotation is thin and if Cole, Montas or Cortes goes down we are screwed.

game 105. tough loss to a contender. game ended with winning run on base.
benny up 4 times, makes 5 outs. k, k, k, dp. hicks not much worse.
3 dps in 1st 6 innings. blown double steal.
effross and trivino saw stadium play for 1st time as yanks.
effross wears his emotions on his pin stripe sleeve.

Dumb move to trade Monty for an injured ”speedy” outfielder that is out with a foot injury, when pitching is needed.

Back