2020 Jets

L J S A" post=412755 said:
Jack Williams" post=412754 said:
Think this hire and OC hire means Darnold is safe, but we will see. 
How do you guys feel about Jimmy G.? There's chatter out here about swapping QB problems to see if changes of scenery help both guys.
I wouldn't do that if I were Douglas.  If Darnold isn't THE guy, then trade/dump him and draft Fields or Wilson at #2.  Next years draft class is thin at QB.   If you don't have a franchise QB, or aren't in the middle of devloping a guy to see if he can be that, then you can't afford to pass on the opportunity to draft one early in the draft.  You  never know when you'll get that opportunity again.

SJUFAN2" post=412760 said:
Jack Williams" post=412754 said:
Think this hire and OC hire means Darnold is safe, but we will see. 
Not saying you are wrong, but is that your gut feeling or is someone in the media suggesting that?

I've never been a darnold fan, but he should be concerned.  He now has a GM, HC and OC that weren't involved in drafting him and will have zero reservations about moving on from him.  

Initiwlly I was skeptical that moving on from Darnold would be smart, but I read an article and didn't realize that Darnold's rookie contract should he be kept on would be quite a big issue.Couple that with a while new coaching staff and I suspect they might move him and grab one of the first round QB's.  I didn't initial realize that Darnolds salary would be such a burden.  

Last edited:
Love the Saleh HC hire and also love that he's bringing LaFleur's brother with him as the OC.
Maybe we will finally run a 21st century offense
We will finally have competent coaching leaders on both sides of the ball
Looks like Douglas hit a home run with this hire
Hope he does so in the draft as well. Need an infusion of young talent

Andrew" post=412756 said:
Great hire for the Jets. If we are not going to draft another quarterback I would stick with Sam. It would be great to see him succeed here and not in San Francisco.
SF's main problem seemed to be that they never had all their weapons healthy at the same time. I think Darnold would probably do very well there, especially since Shanahan is actually a great offensive mind.

I think the Niners want a separation from JG way more than the Jets want one from SD, so I would hope that the Niners would have to sweeten any deal with a decent pick if anything happened.

Last edited:
Waiting for the ground and pound talk.. so keep Sam, take Sewell @ #2 (unless someone offers you shitload to get up to that spot), take Etienne or Harris @ #23. 

Maybe sign Trent Williams, all pro Tackle, if he doesn't want too much guaranteed. That, along with Becton, is the start of a good offensive line.

Williams will be expensive, but the jets do have the cap room. He just can't be stupid expensive.

SI1996" post=412788 said:
Waiting for the ground and pound talk.. so keep Sam, take Sewell @ #2 (unless someone offers you shitload to get up to that spot), take Etienne or Harris @ #23. 
I'd think about trying to lure Wilson away from SF. I think he's restricted FA, so you'd have to figure out just how much you need to throw at him that SF wouldn't match, but he's looked good when Mostert's been out. Then maybe take receiver with the second first rounder or second rounder.

As the late- great Tim Russert said many- many time "Lets Go Bills!!! "

No talk of Watson yet? Shocked... lol

People ok losing the 2nd pick plus others... at first I thought it be a no brainer... but how big should his injury history factor in...

Brian3" post=413333 said:

People ok losing the 2nd pick plus others... at first I thought it be a no brainer... but how big should his injury history factor in...
Its more than just the 2nd pick.. its a ton of picks and the Jets aren't a QB away. Watson isn't exactly dragging the Texans to the playoffs on his own. He would be in the same situtation if the Jets gave up all that. 

L J S A" post=413294 said:
I'd think about trying to lure Wilson away from SF. I think he's restricted FA, so you'd have to figure out just how much you need to throw at him that SF wouldn't match, but he's looked good when Mostert's been out. Then maybe take receiver with the second first rounder or second rounder.

Sorry is Wilson the RB in SF? I don't see many of their games. He seems to have a great rapport w the team so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few come over ala Sherman.  

SI1996" post=414041 said:
L J S A" post=413294 said:

Sorry is Wilson the RB in SF? I don't see many of their games. He seems to have a great rapport w the team so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few come over ala Sherman.  
Yes, one of their too many running backs, so I think he's a good bet to leave. He looks pretty good whenever he's gotten enough snaps, but when Mostert is healthy he's stuck behind him. He'd be a quality plug-in here if we took Sewell and wanted to go WR with the second first rounder or second rounder.

SI1996" post=414040 said:
Brian3" post=413333 said:

Its more than just the 2nd pick.. its a ton of picks and the Jets aren't a QB away. Watson isn't exactly dragging the Texans to the playoffs on his own. He would be in the same situtation if the Jets gave up all that. 
I think the price will be way too high, but the price will go down if the Texans don't move soon. I can't say it would be a shock to see Houston management screw this up big tiime.

I would offer him straight up to Jacksonville for the No. 1 pick to see if they bite.

otis" post=413296 said:

For one, I'm a Bills fan.  Second, Tim Russert was my keynote speaker when I graduated from SJU in 99'!

MCNPA" post=414054 said:
otis" post=413296 said:

For one, I'm a Bills fan.  Second, Tim Russert was my keynote speaker when I graduated from SJU in 99'!

and third.. this is a Jets thread :) I don't want to think about moving on from Brady now to have the Bills dominate us :)

Yea good luck to all the bills fans on this site. I will say this as respectfully as I can: I hope the concussed Pat Mahomes beats the crap out of Buffalo. 

I was at the home opener two seasons ago now when the Jets blew the 16-0 lead to bills and lost 17-16. Darnold got mono the next day. 

anyways, the bills fans I had to deal with on the way back to school from that game... I've held onto the grudge ever since. 

not to mention I still hate the bills for week 17 in 2015 when they spoiled the only good Jets season in a decade.

so yea go chiefs 

Two Bills fans polluting this thread is two Bills fans too many. /media/kunena/emoticons/grin.png

I will say this, though: They are very generous with regard to donating to opposing players' charitable foundations.

Douglas' legacy is riding on this pick.  I beleive there are two Hall of Famers available in this draft (Devonta Smith and Zach Wilson).   Don't blow it, Joe! 

Last edited:
JohnnyFan" post=414215 said:
Douglas' legacy is riding on this pick.  I beleive there are two Hall of Famers available in this draft (Devonta Smith and Zach Wilson).   Don't blow it, Joe! 

Zach Wison for sure will be in BYU's Hall of Fame.

Back