2020 Jets

Shocked to just learn my son-in-law who lives in the apartment side of my house has a brother who in the last year has become friends with D Watson. He told me Watson does indeed want to come to the Jets (was also shocked to learn that LOL). Well that relieves one posible impediment to any possible trade.

Last edited:
Jets should grab Matthew Stafford who's requesting trade.  Underrated QB.  Ready to play and win with right people around him IMO.  

bamafan" post=414511 said:
Shocked to just learn my son-in-law who lives in the apartment side of my house has a brother who in the last year has become friends with D Watson. He told me Watson does indeed want to come to the Jets (was also shocked to learn that LOL). Well that relieves one posible impediment to any possible trade.
I'd love him here, but if the price is four first rounders I'm not sure I love him as much.

L J S A" post=414600 said:
bamafan" post=414511 said:
I'd love him here, but if the price is four first rounders I'm not sure I love him as much.
Exactly and I saw some other ESPN mocks that had us giving up some sort of 2/3 rounders as well. We are not one player away. There's MAYBE 5 guys and rest can be upgraded. I just don't see you make that trade. Not like the Texans are 13-3 and they have Waston and Watts. 

Kiper released his mock. For those in this thread

Jets take Devonta Smith #2
Jaycee Horn CB  #23 (I know nothing about him but if you are keeping Darnold, need something on offense. OL/RB.)

Dolphins take Ja'Marr Chase #3
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah # 18

Bills take Najee Harris #30 and this is about the time Jack loses his shit.

SI1996" post=414855 said:

Jaycee Horn CB  #23 (I know nothing about him but if you are keeping Darnold, need something on offense. OL/RB.)

That's the second mock in the past couple days where we take Smith. I am good with this. But I want offense with that No. 23 too. And that second rounder too. If we are keeping Darnold, we need to see what he looks like with talent around him so we can move on after next season if he doesn't have it.

L J S A" post=414887 said:

That's the second mock in the past couple days where we take Smith. I am good with this. But I want offense with that No. 23 too. And that second rounder too. If we are keeping Darnold, we need to see what he looks like with talent around him so we can move on after next season if he doesn't have it.
Poor poor Devonta Smith.  Going to the Jets without Watson...yikes. (I kid, I kid...its all guess work at this point)   

Watch for Miami to trade down with Detroit if the Jets took Smith at #2.   Detroit will add draft capital when they trade Stafford and they will want the pick of Wilson and Fields.  Miami can get Waddle, Chase, Pitts or Sewell at #7.

Also, I'll bet anyone $1 that if Miami takes a LB in the first round its Zaven Collins and not Parsons or Osuwu-Koramoah.  /media/kunena/emoticons/silly.png

SJUFAN2" post=414896 said:

Poor poor Devonta Smith.  Going to the Jets without Watson...yikes. (I kid, I kid...its all guess work at this point)   

Watch for Miami to trade down with Detroit if the Jets took Smith at #2.   Detroit will add draft capital when they trade Stafford and they will want the pick of Wilson and Fields.  Miami can get Waddle, Chase, Pitts or Sewell at #7.

Also, I'll bet anyone $1 that if Miami takes a LB in the first round its Zaven Collins and not Parsons or Osuwu-Koramoah.  /media/kunena/emoticons/silly.png
So Watson now demanding a trade with, if you believe the reports, Jets and Dolphins at the top of his list. Should be interesting. 

SI1996" post=415257 said:
SJUFAN2" post=414896 said:

So Watson now demanding a trade with, if you believe the reports, Jets and Dolphins at the top of his list. Should be interesting. 
I question his decision making capabilities 

He did draft some of my favorite players of all time in Mangold/Revis/Fergerson/Harris but no way you can make that trade given our current roster. 

I hate this conversation about number of 1st rounders as if they are all the same. The Jets have the #2 pick in the draft which is worth mre than two first rounders in the teens. No way the Jets should need to include more than two first round picks if the #2 is one of them. Otherwise, no thank you.

SJUNC" post=416471 said:
I hate this conversation about number of 1st rounders as if they are all the same. The Jets have the #2 pick in the draft which is worth mre than two first rounders in the teens. No way the Jets should need to include more than two first round picks if the #2 is one of them. Otherwise, no thank you.

I've been saying the same thing about the Watson rumours for Miami.  If they want multiple picks, they can forget about #3.  That pick has equal value (according to the trade value chart) to the 23rd, 24th and 25th picks in this draft combined.
I get the feeling that Houston is going to back themselves into a corner where they either have to trade him to the one place he wants to go for peanuts, or he sits out.   
I think if they worked with him on finding a new team from the start he might give them a list of 3-5 teams he'd go to and give them leverage to get a bidding war going.  

McShay's latest mock.

#2 Zach Wilson to the Jets
#3 Dolphins trade to Carolina for I think the #8, a 2nd rounder in 2021 and a first in 2022. They take Waddle here. I think that's a win. 
#15 Patriots take Parsons.
#18 Dolphins take Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami
#23 Jets take Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
#30 Bills take 
Najee Harris, RB, Alabama

Latest ESPN predictions:

Jets:  Trade Darnold to SF for 2nd & 3rd round picks.   Draft Zach Wilson at #2.
Pats: Trade for Garappolo
Dolphins: Reunite Tua with Davonta Smith & Najee Harris.

Houston:  does not trade Watson

SF moving up to #3 w the Dolphins for a shit load of 1st rounders. Looks like they used one of those to move up w the Eagles. That being said, I can't imagine the Jets would have turned that package down unless they were set on Wilson. Good bye Sam. Maybe they get a 3rd rounder at this point for him. 

SI1996 post=428101 said:
SF moving up to #3 w the Dolphins for a shit load of 1st rounders. Looks like they used one of those to move up w the Eagles. That being said, I can't imagine the Jets would have turned that package down unless they were set on Wilson. Good bye Sam. Maybe they get a 3rd rounder at this point for him. 
There were a staggering amount of people commenting in a recent Yahoo article on the trade that this meant the Niners were getting Wilson because the Jets told them they weren't drafting him. They based this on Saleh's previous relationship with them. 

Jets trade Sam Darnold to Panthers
The Jets are reportedly getting a sixth-round pick in 2021 and a second-round pick and fourth-round pick in 2022 out of the deal.

Last edited:
Back