2020 Giants Football

[quote="EliteBaller K" post=406502]Skins win at pitt, quite a statement by the nfc east this week[/quote]
One ups Giants win yesterday.

Will be an interesting last couple of weeks. Giants obviously have the advantage because of sweeping them, but it will be close.

Giants/Cards becomes a very compelling game come Sunday. Cardinals will be fighting for their lives after losing their wild card spot to Minnesota this past weekend. Giants need the game too as Washington plays a banged up San Fran team. Should be very interesting! It’s cool to see New York football that matters this late in the season. First time in awhile

[quote="Jack Williams" post=406514]Will be an interesting last couple of weeks. Giants obviously have the advantage because of sweeping them, but it will be close.

Giants/Cards becomes a very compelling game come Sunday. Cardinals will be fighting for their lives after losing their wild card spot to Minnesota this past weekend. Giants need the game too as Washington plays a banged up San Fran team. Should be very interesting! It’s cool to see New York football that matters this late in the season. First time in awhile[/quote]
Yes Giants and Jets have meaningful games in December and probably into January. ;) :)

[quote="EliteBaller K" post=408002]Jones 6-12 44yrds lol
Please put in McCoy, better than jones[/quote]

You got your wish but it's too late. And, he was immediately sacked.

[quote="MJDinkins" post=408010][quote="EliteBaller K" post=408002]Jones 6-12 44yrds lol

You got your wish but it's too late. And, he was immediately sacked.[/quote]

Yeah and so much for their dominating defense from last week

For such an important game, Giants looked lethargic and unprepared. Let's hope St. John's come out hungry and prepared tonight.

[quote="EliteBaller K" post=408011][quote="MJDinkins" post=408010][quote="EliteBaller K" post=408002]Jones 6-12 44yrds lol

You got your wish but it's too late. And, he was immediately sacked.[/quote]

Yeah and so much for their dominating defense from last week[/quote]

The giants defense competed and did their best but they got thoroughly screwed by the offense and special teams. The giants were awful today but the defense was fine once again.

For and undermanned defense they played their asses off. Could have been a heckuva lot worse.

- The O-Line regressed and had arguably their worst performance of the year.
- Jones was bad and likely shouldn't have played since he couldn't move around the pocket and run which is one strength we all know he has
- The WR's aren't good. Slayton has a big game then disappears for 2 games. Maybe he's a #2. Shep is a #3. When Tate was your best WR today you're in deep trouble.
- Did I hear Engram's name once??? Not that he doesn't have his own problems but geez.
- Special Teams has fallen off a cliff last 3 games. This keeps up I see ST coach and Garrett both getting clipped after the year.

[quote="Delaware" post=408027]For such an important game, Giants looked lethargic and unprepared. Let's hope St. John's come out hungry and prepared tonight.[/quote]

Jones in la, la land, got to make quick decisions. Had the feeling all game he wasn't about to run.

Danny wasn't dropping any dimes today just the football as usual. I like him as a QB and thought he would outgrow all the fumbling but damn he certainly still has not.

If Jones isn’t 100% and can’t move, he’s next to useless. His surprising running ability is what has made him special at times this year. Without it, he’s very average. Maybe below average

I understand that Joe Judge is everyone's darling right now and he deserves time to right the ship.  That said, I am not overly impressed with the teams growth over the last 15 games.  Daniel Jones also needs to show some improvement.  Still seems to lock in on one reciever and often forces throws into coverage. 

JohnnyFan" post=410572 said:
I understand that Joe Judge is everyone's darling right now and he deserves time to right the ship.  That said, I am not overly impressed with the teams growth over the last 15 games.  Daniel Jones also needs to show some improvement.  Still seems to lock in on one reciever and often forces throws into coverage. 

It takes time to change a roster over and build it in your image as a HC.  That's how you change the culture of a struggling franchise.
Miami got lucky in that its GM/HC/Ownership were all on the same page to tear it all down last year and build from scratch with team first players.  Then they hit on most of their critical personel moves last off season. 

I think that's the decison the Giants face this off-season:  Try to build around Jones at QB, or trade him and tear it down to the foundation so you can build from there.  Of course, that means flushing next year down the crapper, but it might be the best thing in the long run.

Should be an interesting off season.

Last edited:
JohnnyFan" post=410572 said:
JohnnyFan" post=410572

Look at Gettleman's first 2 years and now look at this year.  Sure Bradberry and Martinez are good signings and shouldnt be ignored from his successes but there are far too many negatives on his record.  The roster makeup is just not good.  Whether you are for Daniel Jones or against that anyone is well within their right to discuss.  But this was the same Daniel Jones that threw 24 TD's as a rookie last year in just 13 games.  Herbert broke the rookie record of 27 yesterday with his 28th TD.  If Jones played a full year last year he might have had that record himself.  Granted he's been dismal this year.  But its his 2nd year and a 2nd offensive coordinator.  He's close to exhausting all my patience.  Close but not there yet.  

But the staff I feel good about and hopefully Gettleman moves into cushy advisory role and the Giants get a high pick and go the Patriots way trading back a few times to stockpile assets.  There are too many holes on this team.

Back