Yankees 2024 Season

All five of the Yankee starters are pitching really well. Good problem to have for sure. Things might look different though by the time Cole is ready.
No doubt, but if he keeps pitching like this, and Boone or even Cashman puts him in the pen, that would make it really piss me off.

They estimate his return being June 15th, if that's the case then that's 4 starts.

Lets see how he does.

Last edited:
Not really.

I know they went longer "back in the day", but they were probably also given some more leeway in terms of runs allowed.

Remember, the stat was not 2 earned runs or less, it was 2 runs or less.
Whether the earns are "earned" or not, it is still surprising to me, that with all the dominant teams they have had, this is the first time the team hit that threshold. 100+ years of games x 140 to 162 games a years is a lot of 11 games stretches.

Surprised no one is taking about the best Yankee pitcher ( besides section 10) and who wasn't even going to be a starter until Cole went down.

Gil in 7.1 IP gave up 1 hits while striking out 8.
He's now 6-1 with a 2.11 ERA, when Cole comes back, you gotta demote Clark to the pen.

They better not even think of putting this kid into the pen.
I heard Gil was on an innings limit because he is coming back from Tommy John surgery. That's the only reason I could see to move him to the pen because he has been dominant

The only reason I see Gil going to the pen is that I just don't see Nestor/Rodon/Stro accepting that role. I think Schimdt has finally figured it out after a few seasons and wouldn't want to mess with his growth. Gils stuff will play and maybe do a Rivera/Wettland where Gil pitch 7 & 8.

bravo cashman. the cash took a bit of heat concerning - monte, snell, severino not becoming yanks.
bravo 10 - you got monte and heat in the same sentence.
for those at home keeping score. the last game. cabrera had twice as many hits as torres the mood.

YANKEES:
Volpe SS
Soto RF
Judge CF
Verdugo LF
Stanton DH
Rizzo 1B
Torres 2B
Wells C
Berti 3B

Padres:
Arraez 1B
Tatis Jr. RF
Profar LF
Machado DH
Cronenworth 2B
Solano 3B
Campusano C
Merrill CF
Kim SS

san diego has the worst looking uniforms in the history of uniforms.
oh and torres the mood flied out deep to end yanks 2nd inning. volpe one - a triple - popsicles zero.

soto 2 run getty. $99 - back to back, belly to belly. now big g - 2 run getty.

game 53.

Last edited:
san diego has the worst looking uniforms in the history of uniforms.
oh and torres the mood flied out deep to end yanks 2nd inning. volpe one - a triple - popsicles zero.

soto 2 run getty. $99 - back to back, belly to belly. now big g - 2 run getty.
Those three now have combined for 43 home runs on the season.

As a team, the Chicago White Sox have 35 home runs. There are a few other teams that trail those three, as well.

Back