Yankees 2024 Season

Yanks win 5-4. Soto saved the game; threw out tying run at the plate in the 9th with a perfect throw from right field. Holmes was lucky to get that save was hit hard!
Another big play was just before that, when Torres knocked down the ball that Alvarez hit. By keeping it in the infield, he stopped the tying run from going first to third.

Verdugo made nice catch too, when the game was still tied.

Soto, Volpe, Cabrera, and the bullpen were the stars of the game (although you're right about Holmes, but no harm, no foul).

Another big play was just before that, when Torres knocked down the ball that Alvarez hit.

By keeping it in the infield, he stopped the tying run from going first to third.

Soto, Volpe, Cabrera, and the bullpen were the stars of the game (although you're right about Holmes, but no harm, no foul).
I think the biggest mistake the Yankees made this off season is not getting a proven closer. I do not trust Holmes and I think they are going to regret having him as the closer.

Yanks win 5-4. Soto saved the game; threw out tying run at the plate in the 9th with a perfect throw from right field. Holmes was lucky to get that save was hit hard!
Play at plate was reviewed. Stood as called because no angle could show if he was tagged or not.

Nice comeback win. Somehow I got the MLB Astros feed here on Comcast in Venice, Florida.

Holmes does concern me, but more importantly, with all the traffic they generated with hits and walks, this team once again cannot get a big hit with RISP. And they are still a station to station team running the bases, so more of the same.

Play at plate was reviewed. Stood as called because no angle could show if he was tagged or not.
I thought it was pretty obvious that the runner was tagged before he slid into the plate. They said "call stands", so yes, if the ruling was safe, it probably would have stayed that way. IMO, that would have been wrong.

That was kind of thing that was going against us for all of last year.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the runner was tagged before he slid into the plate. They said "call stands", so yes, if the ruling was safe, it probably would have stayed that way. IMO, that would have been wrong.

That was kind of thing that was going against us for all of last year.
You couldn’t really tell if tag was ever applied. It was a sweep tag with an extended arm and ge could have fell just short. You couldn’t see it because no camera angle could capture it.

You couldn’t really tell if tag was ever applied. It was a sweep tag with an extended arm and ge could have fell just short. You couldn’t see it because no camera angle could capture it.
Great come behind win.

I was pissed, I thought that he didn't touch him and and it was going to be a tie game, I go do something for a minute and came back and seen that he was out. 1-0, 161 to go.

One thing about the tag at the plate--the runner usually makes a strong objection if he was safe. I think the runner only pointed to the dugout for a review.

One thing about the tag at the plate--the runner usually makes a strong objection if he was safe. I think the runner only pointed to the dugout for a review.
That's all you gotta do if you feel you were safe, just have the manager have them review the play.
Why argue, you never will win an argument so what's the point?

That's all you gotta do if you feel you were safe, just have the manager have them review the play.
Why argue, you never will win an argument so what's the point?
Also, what was not mentioned on the play is that the runner never touched home plate!

Stanton adds tack on late homer to up 6-1 lead to 7-1. Mr. Clutch. Just kidding but it does seem that a lot of his home runs come in this type of situation.

Back