World Cup

Croatia moves on via PKs. Let's go ROK!
Sorry but ROK has run into the Samba Boys. Brasil showing what a beautiful game soccer can be. Junior started the dancing and Richarlison's play to score his goal was brilliant--3 bounces off his head, a backpass and a move to the open space.

Sorry but ROK has run into the Samba Boys. Brasil showing what a beautiful game soccer can be. Junior started the dancing and Richarlison's play to score his goal was brilliant--3 bounces off his head, a backpass and a move to the open space.
They're a great team, but I can't wait for the Samba Boys to do one of their pre choreographed celebrations when they lose. The fact that they supposedly have ten different ones goes beyond beyond being enthusiastic and veers off into arrogance and disrespect for their opponents.

They're a great team, but I can't wait for the Samba Boys to do one of their pre choreographed celebrations when they lose. The fact that they supposedly have ten different ones goes beyond beyond being enthusiastic and veers off into arrogance and disrespect for their opponents.
Now they have plenty of time to come up with some new routines and not have to worry about, you know, actually playing the game. ;)

Now they have plenty of time to come up with some new routines and not have to worry about, you know, actually playing the game. ;)
Heck of game as Croatia dictated how it was played and Made a fantasic tieing goal late in OT. (Neymar's was not shabby either.) The croatian goalie comes up big for second game in a rowand their strategy of putting the first two PK's straight down the middle was brilliant. Best news is that Ivana Knoll will be staying Qatar as Croatia's "sexiest fan".

What a great day of World Cup action. Two unbelievable games that will be talked about for along time. Two big comebacks, one eventually pays off resulting in a win and the other a heartbreaking defeat.

Now maybe I can concentrate on my work!

Nice show of sportsmanship by Messi as he went over to Van Gaal after the game was over and obviously made some nasty comments. Van Gaal just looked stunned and didn't reply while one of the Netherland's asst. coaches grabed Messi and talked to him Messi just turned and walked away and smiled. But I guess the adoring Argentinian fans and fawning talking heads will continue to not hold him responsible. :rolleyes:

Nice show of sportsmanship by Messi as he went over to Van Gaal after the game was over and obviously made some nasty comments. Van Gaal just looked stunned and didn't reply while one of the Netherland's asst. coaches grabed Messi and talked to him Messi just turned and walked away and smiled. But I guess the adoring Argentinian fans and fawning talking heads will continue to not hold him responsible. :rolleyes:
Very chippy game. Benches emptied earlier when Argentinian player fired ball into the Netherlands bench. Uncalled for. Unfortunate distracted from a good game.

Very chippy game. Benches emptied earlier when Argentinian player fired ball into the Netherlands bench. Uncalled for. Unfortunate distracted from a good game.
So, you think the ref handled the game well? If he started throwing yellows and maybe a red earlier it probably wouldn't have gotten so out of control. He let the players control the game and then he started to pull cards after it was over the edge. Think any other player besides Messi gets away with the hand ball? He should have gotten his second yellow and shown the exit.

I don't get this not wanting to card, especially reds, to disrupt the game. The rules shouldn't be bent just because it's the WC.

I never said anything about the Refs?!? or how the game was called.

The bench clearing nonsense from both sides was unfortunate and took away from the game. Clearly that game got away from the Ref.

Today set a WC record for Yellow cards; it was nasty out there. But it was one exciting day of WC games, even the Mrs. was yelling at the TV. Ir was almost a disaster for South American soccer. Now tomorrow, can Morocco continue the Cinderella story /does Ronaldo get to play and England/France should be a hoot.

I never said anything about the Refs?!? or how the game was called.

The bench clearing nonsense from both sides was unfortunate and took away from the game. Clearly that game got away from the Ref.
Wasn't meant at you, just a general question, sorry I wasn't more clear.:oops:

Back