World Cup

Berhalter get creative? This guy thinks he has 23 guys better than Ricardo Pepi. We advanced because we have a good starting XI, not because of any tactics. I actually gave him credit after the England match. Besides the last action, we played to win that match, and he coached it the same.

Listen, I’m ecstatic to advance. I have zero faith in the manager. I said this on another board…find you someone who loves you more than Greg loves subbing off Internationals for MLS players. I mean, Gio Reyna…Cmon!

So you're thinking its Morris or Ferreira. LOL

My point about creativity is in agreement with you and admitting who the best 11 are and trying to get them all on the field within reason. Gio obviously in that group. That's who I would put in if Sargeant can't go, even out of position. But I know that goes against what we know about him.

Sometimes I wonder if US Soccer tells GB to favor MLS players to make the league, and therefore the US's soccer relevance, look like more than it is. I seriously have that thought frequently.

Messi missed another penalty kick but early in second half Argentina scores. They are in similar position of US as they must win. Messi really energized today as he would like to return to Argentina someday.

I wasn't watching but can only assume Mexico was pushing knowing they needed another goal thus Saudi's scoring so late. Poland had the tiebreaker of least yellow cards, after points, goal differential and head to head were all tied. Adios El Tri.

My point about creativity is in agreement with you and admitting who the best 11 are and trying to get them all on the field within reason. Gio obviously in that group. That's who I would put in if Sargeant can't go, even out of position. But I know that goes against what we know about him.

Sometimes I wonder if US Soccer tells GB to favor MLS players to make the league, and therefore the US's soccer relevance, look like more than it is. I seriously have that thought frequently.
I wouldn’t be surprised by that in the least and I’d rather you manage the team than Berhalter. I don’t think we’ve had our best XI on at once yet in this WC.

I wasn't watching but can only assume Mexico was pushing knowing they needed another goal thus Saudi's scoring so late. Poland had the tiebreaker of least yellow cards, after points, goal differential and head to head were all tied. Adios El Tri.
Yes they had a number of chances to score the third goal as they were pushing everyone forward, Saudi Arabia got the late goal as a result.

The relationship between US Soccer and MLS is not exactly warm and fuzzy

Incredible scenario in group E--based on scores with over 70 minutes gone in each game both Germany and Spain are on the edge of being eliminated kn group stage as they are losing to japan and Costa Rica

Incredible scenario in group E--based on scores with over 70 minutes gone in each game both Germany and Spain are on the edge of being eliminated kn group stage as they are losing to japan and Costa Rica
Its a final Spain survives despite loss to Japan and Germany OUT for second straight world cup

It was IN. The commentators were wrong.
The same commentators said that Germany would advance over Spain once Germany went ahead, even though Spain were five goals ahead and tied with 4 points. They even said someone went to the Spain coach to let him know. What they were probably letting him know was that Spain would advance unless Costa Rica came back to win. There are only four teams in a group and the announcers should know the scenarios and not freak out Spain’s fans. It took several minutes until someone let them know the actual situation.

The same commentators said that Germany would advance over Spain once Germany went ahead, even though Spain were five goals ahead and tied with 4 points. They even said someone went to the Spain coach to let him know. What they were probably letting him know was that Spain would advance unless Costa Rica came back to win. There are only four teams in a group and the announcers should know the scenarios and not freak out Spain’s fans. It took several minutes until someone let them know the actual situation.
in the post match, they said the the line judge raised the flag which would indicate an on field call of out of play but it appeared the ref called it in bounds. In the VAR review they would need clear evidence of the ball being in bounds to over turn the call.

Auf Wiedersehen Deutschland!! For a few minutes there Spain were on their way out as well. Crazy day.

Auf Wiedersehen Deutschland!! For a few minutes there Spain were on their way out as well. Crazy day.
really fun with the WC scheduling the last group games at the same time. was going back and forth between Fox and FS1. Tomorrow Brazil and Portugal play but they are guaranteed of moving on

I am a casual soccer fan so I admit my head is spinning on the scenarios as they play the games at the same time. The “live” if result holds thing that flashes occasionally makes it more confusing. I want the CBS NCAA constant score from the “other” game so I don’t have to keep going back and forth. Of course, the Announcers should know. I forget owho it was but it was almost decided by cards as goal differential and points was tied. Thankfully we didn’t get there.

South Korea just beat Portugal on a beautiful pass through the defenders legs. Wow.

Still pretty cheesed about Germany crapping the bed but my boy Sonny with the 50-yard dribble, hold up on 4 defenders and nutmeg on the CB for the advancing-clinching goal was pretty unreal. Good for SK and good for Uruguay too.

Back