World Cup

Sorry about the tie but that was a "win" for USA--will they ever score?? Will Gio get significant minutes.

Iran game is a MUST win to move on
Here's an amazing stat: we've scored one goal in two games and have a chance to go through to the round of 16. If we beat Iran, and that's no given, we're not going to survive the next round if we can't score.

Here's an amazing stat: we've scored one goal in two games and have a chance to go through to the round of 16. If we beat Iran, and that's no given, we're not going to survive the next round if we can't score.
On the other hand we’ve allowed one goal in two games.

Tim Weah’s story is fascinating. He grew up in Queens. His father a former Ballon d’or winner in 1995 Is now the President of Liberia. His family still owns a restaurant in Queens. Pretty cool story.

Hope Pulisic and Sargeant are available for Saturday. Could be a long morning if not. And an early one at that, I see their game is 7am PST.

Hope Pulisic and Sargeant are available for Saturday. Could be a long morning if not. And an early one at that, I see their game is 7am PST.
I thought Sargent played great today but I feel we can replace him. if Pulisic can’t play we are in trouble especially if our Coach won’t play Gio.

I have a feeling Sargent is out for the tournament at least. That looked like a ligament injury for sure. He was playing good too.

Yeah, the Reyna thing is head scratching. It makes zero sense. If Sargent is out, he better play. At the very least, get Aaronson off the bench.

Love the way Dest is playing. I love Robinson too. I think he was a bit geeked up today (his first touch was continually heavy the whole game) but Dest has been amazing so far.

I thought Sargent played great today but I feel we can replace him. if Pulisic can’t play we are in trouble especially if our Coach won’t play Gio.
I think it’s already been said #10 should be fine but I definitely wouldn’t count on Sargent the rest of WC.

I have a feeling Sargent is out for the tournament at least. That looked like a ligament injury for sure. He was playing good too.

Yeah, the Reyna thing is head scratching. It makes zero sense. If Sargent is out, he better play. At the very least, get Aaronson off the bench.

Love the way Dest is playing. I love Robinson too. I think he was a bit geeked up today (his first touch was continually heavy the whole game) but Dest has been amazing so far.
Now with Sargeant out and Haji, who I had high hopes for, underachieving it will be interesting to see if Morris or Ferreira get the start or if Berhalter gets creative. Midfield was still good but not as good as vs England. They'll need to revert to that form against Netherlands to have a chance.

Now with Sargeant out and Haji, who I had high hopes for, underachieving it will be interesting to see if Morris or Ferreira get the start or if Berhalter gets creative. Midfield was still good but not as good as vs England. They'll need to revert to that form against Netherlands to have a chance.
Berhalter get creative? This guy thinks he has 23 guys better than Ricardo Pepi. We advanced because we have a good starting XI, not because of any tactics. I actually gave him credit after the England match. Besides the last action, we played to win that match, and he coached it the same.

Listen, I’m ecstatic to advance. I have zero faith in the manager. I said this on another board…find you someone who loves you more than Greg loves subbing off Internationals for MLS players. I mean, Gio Reyna…Cmon!

Great win in a hostile atmosphere. Excellent goal. We need CP10 for the Dutch, get well young man. Our D continues to look good (that Turner kid!) and Tyler Adams is a machine but we miss a Brian McBride / Clint Dempsey type. Holland are to be respected but not feared. I'd have the team practicing their penalty taking (and saving) skills.

Reaction from Iran was dancing in the streets to celebrate US win. I feel sorry for the Iranian players (and their families). I wonder how many would defect if they didn't have to worry about reprisals against their families?

Reaction from Iran was dancing in the streets to celebrate US win. I feel sorry for the Iranian players (and their families). I wonder how many would defect if they didn't have to worry about reprisals against their families?
Let’s hope this isn’t true but it’s Iran so….

Great win in a hostile atmosphere. Excellent goal. We need CP10 for the Dutch, get well young man. Our D continues to look good (that Turner kid!) and Tyler Adams is a machine but we miss a Brian McBride / Clint Dempsey type. Holland are to be respected but not feared. I'd have the team practicing their penalty taking (and saving) skills.
Considering the hostile setting and constant whining, flopping and complaining by the Iranians, on and off the pitch, I thought the ref did a really good job. There was one play in the second half when an Iranian player was going down the left side and was tackled. He proceeded to deliver a Neymaresque performance by doing sever barrel rolls and screaming at the top of his lungs not once but twice. The ref went over and told him to get up. He made an amazing medical recovery and was soon sprinting down the field. :rolleyes:

Back