Transfer Portal Mania

Get greedy and get them both and play Richmond at small forward...
255b3d39-a92e-4f37-a207-e3fc8c0d2c70_text.gif

i dont think its over tbh. ive heard conflicting reports, but it does sound like he may be listening to other offers. if its about money, i hope we can match other teams.
This is the depressing thing: kids not thinking long term. Pitino is the best talent developer out there, but I understand kids thinking a bird in the hand...

This is the depressing thing: kids not thinking long term. Pitino is the best talent developer out there, but I understand kids thinking a bird in the hand...
The dynamic seems to have morphed quickly from last year (the first such year) to this year, where guys are now openly shopping themselves and holding out. Some believe, probably rightly so, that waiting to commit, and broadly marketing themselves will yield the best return (supply/demand). It has come to that. Can't blame them though.

One thing about this year is it is the last “Covid Year.” That adds folks to the portal, of course, as there is extra supply. The guys who have that eligibility at this point are also quite old. They know that the chances of playing in the NBA at this point is basically zip, and this is the last chance to cash in. Development can easily become secondary as these players do not need further development to go play in a far off land next year.

The positive is we can finally make a sequel to “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”

“Portal? Portal? Portal? Portal?

“Um, he’s portalled. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw (insert player) pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious. But not before he didn’t say he was going to portal.”

1091A72B-75E6-4D83-BF98-4A6311FFF668.gif

Last edited:
Back