Transfer Portal Mania

Not basketball related, but I thought you'd all like to know that Oklahoma QB General Booty is transferring.

Assuming Booty will get a lot of calls

(I'll show myself out now)

johnny-golf-swing.gif

I have a question for everyone. With all this crap going on with these kids/agents playing one school against the other for greed and financial gain, can you honestly say that whether the Johnnies have a good team or not that your level of enthusiasm for the program and college hoops in general will ever be what it was in the past?

I find myself getting so disgusted with what I’m hearing and reading that I know that my enthusiasm is dropping daily. These kids don’t represent “my school”, they represent the best deal they could get, the school has nothing to do with it.

Unless there is some big changes fast, I don’t see myself following a sport I’ve loved watching for over four decades and that would be a damn shame.
Excellent question. I find my off season enthusiasm waning for sure and it’s just a matter of time for the season stuff to start unless we are winning. As long as my 114 buddies are going ti games I’m in though

The overwhelming majority of alums and casual fans have little to no idea what NIL is, how much $ are being spent, or that roster turns over drastically each year. This is why I don't think it will have much impact long term except for diehard alum fans who follow roster moves.

Nothing happens fast that involves the NCAA, Congress and bodies like that. So I am not expecting any significant changes to this NIL mess for 2-3 years. I will say if we are still where we are 2-3 years from now, I will in all likelihood more enthusiastically follow pro basketball than college hoops, especially if the Knicks are still together with this fun bunch. No way I will ever stop watching basketball completely, it's my lifelong passion/addiction.

My Seton Hall friends texted today they were getting him.
Posh and Wusu are very close, and Posh' first choice last year was supposedly SHU with Wusu, but supposedly Posh messed up somehow in the meeting with SHU, maybe showing up late. Given the mass exodus from SHU they may be more willing to take Posh this year.

I am glad I don't pay attention and could not care less about this stuff. Whoever shows up for our first game is all that matters to me.
*Fast forward to midnight madness with Marillac-Maher-Mullin’s Revenge-MJDinkins-Matt C emerging through fog in slow motion throwing M&M’s to the crowd as the starting 5 as “The Boys are Back in Town” fills CA*

Back