Transfer Portal Mania

This is tongue in cheek. He entered the portal with a do not contact designation. He’s following his coach to St. Louis. He’s probably just joining the podcast to have a little fun with it.
Ah, OK. Haven't followed him enough to be in on the joke.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to spend 1/5 of the NIL budget on Wisconsin’s 4th best player
Marillac will say he lead them in minutes by close to 5 a game.

Smalley will say he was 5th in points

Marillac will counter with he was the straw who stirred the drink and set everything up while playing in a system not best for him

Smalley will tell him his shooting numbers were worse than Jenkins across the board

If we can’t come up with 750 for a kid this talented that fits absolutely perfectly, that is very discouraging.
Listened to a pod with an NBA/NIL agent, and he said only 7-8 schools have more than 3 mill NIL budget. The agent in the pod also spoke to the sketchiness of these offers/values/etc. (both in terms of the numbers literally being lies but also how it can be manipulated by including price of tuition, etc.)

By various accounts, ours seems to be in the 3 to 3.5 mill range -- which they said is in the "very competitive, compete at the top of conference level."

After hearing that from a non-message board source (no offense guys, lol), I really can't help but feel like Trilly is getting spun/used by these agents big time. Some of these numbers just wouldn't compute with reality.

Marillac will counter with he was the straw who stirred the drink and set everything up while playing in a system not best for him

Smalley will tell him his shooting numbers were worse than Jenkins across the board
Lies, Marillac Lies, and Smalley Statistics

Listened to a pod with an NBA/NIL agent, and he said only 7-8 schools have more than 3 mill NIL budget. The agent in the pod also spoke to the sketchiness of these offers/values/etc. (both in terms of the numbers literally being lies but also how it can be manipulated by including price of tuition, etc.)

By various accounts, ours seems to be in the 3 to 3.5 mill range -- which they said is in the "very competitive, compete at the top of conference level."

After hearing that from a non-message board source (no offense guys, lol), I really can't help but feel like Trilly is getting spun/used by these agents big time. Some of these numbers just wouldn't compute with reality.
But it’s not like this money resets when a deal completes. Like a salary cap would. They need new money each year and for each kid for each time the deal is done. For example if we had 13 open spots this year that we got for 3 mill total. If somehow we were able to keep all 13 for the next year, it’s not like we could just say alright, that 3 mill is off the books let’s just use it again for these guys. They would need all new money with all new asking prices. I guess what I’m saying is, is we very well may have spent in the competitive range, but these other schools may have less of a limit with where they can go when the bidding begins.

Defense! One of the best defenders I saw all year in college basketball.

He would be an absolute weapon in a pressing, uptempo style.

Add 37% career 3 pt rate, high iq, ability to run an offense.

I want a dog out there on defense. Ace Baldwin or Chucky Hepburn caliber.

But it’s not like this money resets when a deal completes. Like a salary cap would. They need new money each year and for each kid for each time the deal is done. For example if we had 13 open spots this year that we got for 3 mill total. If somehow we were able to keep all 13 for the next year, it’s not like we could just say alright, that 3 mill is off the books let’s just use it again for these guys. They would need all new money with all new asking prices. I guess what I’m saying is, is we very well may have spent in the competitive range, but these other schools may have less of a limit with where they can go when the bidding begins.
Sure but that's where the "7-8 schools only have over 3.5 mill" thing comes into play. We can speculate and probably correctly guess most of those: Kentucky, Arkansas, Kansas to start. I'll definitely trust an active agent with clients over an anonymous account to give me that info.

Even for centers, I can understand if the asking price is higher market-wise because they're a rare commodity. Easy supply/demand thing.

But it just wouldn't make sense if the guards we're talking about is asking for 750k. For the couple dozen (?) schools with 3 mill, that would be almost 25% of that school's budget -- which would be a almost the same proportion to a NBA max contract (25% for non-super max for younger guys, 30% and 35% for older guys with more accolades).

It also doesn't help Trilly's case that Roach basically went on twitter and laughed at the report of him asking for 1.5 mill. I think people will be surprised by guards going for cheaper than the centers, and ultimately, Trilly's being used to spread funny numbers when a lot of this stuff will feel more reasonable if any of it goes public (for example, I heard Brea's price would be closer to 500k).

Defense! One of the best defenders I saw all year in college basketball.

He would be an absolute weapon in a pressing, uptempo style.

Add 37% career 3 pt rate, high iq, ability to run an offense.

I want a dog out there on defense. Ace Baldwin or Chucky Hepburn caliber.
Ace Baldwin would be top of my list as well.

Sure but that's where the "7-8 schools only have over 3.5 mill" thing comes into play. We can speculate and probably correctly guess most of those: Kentucky, Arkansas, Kansas to start. I'll definitely trust an active agent with clients over an anonymous account to give me that info.

Even for centers, I can understand if the asking price is higher market-wise because they're a rare commodity. Easy supply/demand thing.

But it just wouldn't make sense if the guards we're talking about is asking for 750k. For the couple dozen (?) schools with 3 mill, that would be almost 25% of that school's budget -- which would be a almost the same proportion to a NBA max contract (25% for non-super max for younger guys, 30% and 35% for older guys with more accolades).

It also doesn't help Trilly's case that Roach basically went on twitter and laughed at the report of him asking for 1.5 mill. I think people will be surprised by guards going for cheaper than the centers, and ultimately, Trilly's being used to spread funny numbers when a lot of this stuff will feel more reasonable if any of it goes public (for example, I heard Brea's price would be closer to 500k).
I would wonder if by budget, they mean, each new transfer wave they are able to spend. i.e 3 mill to use to get new players.

Or it’s their total money for their team. i.e 3 mill is the most we can use for everything at any time.

If that makes sense.

I would wonder if by budget, they mean, each new transfer wave they are able to spend. i.e 3 mill to use to get new players.

Or it’s their total money for their team. i.e 3 mill is the most we can use for everything at any time.

If that makes sense.
Yeah I'm 99% sure they were talking about total budget for the team, not as a separate bucket of money for transfers only. So for example, let's say our budget is 3.5 mill. We use 1.5 mill to retain the roster/incoming freshman, we'd have 2 mill left for the remaining five spots. That would average to about 400k per spot.

Back