Transfer Portal Mania

Because I think they are likely offering everything and anything they can to match or exceed whatever else might be on the table for him, even if it means missing out on others if Kadary tests the waters and decides to turn pro, or have an imbalanced roster. They are coming off a feel good season in which they exceeded expectations, and their second best player from that team walked out the door a minute after the season ended, and two of their guys who were supposed to play roles next year followed him. As it stands, they lost Davis, the big kid and Sanders, with Dawes and Bediako graduating. This was a team whose rotation literally included those guys plus Kadary, Wusu and a freshman. They cannot let Richmond walk out the door. I half-expect that Sha has promised him future royalties off his salary to stick around.
Their old recruiting model -- bringing in a bunch of kids from the Canary Islands -- would be effective for them now. Those kids not being able to immediately get NIL would at least give major conference teams lacking a ton of funds a little breathing room to figure something out.

Someone like this is 100 percent who we should pursue to fill holes in roster in my opinion.

High schools studs buried beneath other high school studs seem like easy reclamation projects.
And likely a 'value' signing.

You'd hope so but not sure if the market lowers kids' NIL for lack of production or if they just don't get raises from their likely high freshman NIL.
Good point.

I think Vincent Iwuchukwu is expected to be cheap compared to Cliff and Amari for sure, which hopefully helps snag some higher-priced guards / wings and stay close to budget, at least, in this new wild west that's upon us.

Here's hoping SMU doesn't raise the ante to much.

Would love to be in on this guy. Trilly says Florida and Louisville are two to watch. Eventually we are gonna make a play for somebody.

Last edited:
This kid is a Samson Johnson level athlete. Really good production and 2 years left. A little Undersized for the 5 and not much of a stretch threat but good FT numbers could mean there is potential.

Small conference guard who is only listed at 5’10 but looks like he’s able to get his shot off well. I really like him. 11 & 6 vs Texas this year.

Love this kid. Figured he might go to UCONN, but he will make a jump next year wherever he goes.
I liked him too . Didn’t get enough quality minutes at Nova . Dangerous shooter . The kind that are always in demand .

I just don’t see him as a K State player but , what do I know .

Is it me or. Does he resemble Conway a little ?

I’m not sure if RP being old school like he is to a extent , would take a player from another BE rival .
Spencer showed last year at UCONN that you never can overlook kids that can shoot. .

Now we’re down to live, on camera transfer portal announcements.

This is tongue in cheek. He entered the portal with a do not contact designation. He’s following his coach to St. Louis. He’s probably just joining the podcast to have a little fun with it.

Back