Transfer Portal Mania

Of all the things we have to worry about, this is the last of our concerns.
really? If we are talking about the Portal... think that assessment is spot on. We need to bring in at the very least 2 bonafide starters (25+mpg guys).... otherwise... same boat different year.

With Expecting big things from the transfers, and things turning out not so good this year, I don't even care about who we get in the off season, then reading the hype those guys get.

Only thing i care about is their performance on the court next year. Yeah i'll look every now and then but it won't be every single day like last off season.

We need a high-volume scorer next year that can shoot the 3 and get to the basket. I like what I'm seeing from this David Jones in Memphis. Maybe we can get him as a graduate transfer if he decides to test the portal.

We need a high-volume scorer next year that can shoot the 3 and get to the basket. I like what I'm seeing from this David Jones in Memphis. Maybe we can get him as a graduate transfer if he decides to test the portal.
Absolutely ! Just what we need.
He doesn’t get Arm weary either by putting it up 24 times .
Think how much his teammates will welcome him , knowing they can just drop back on Defense , since once he gets it in his hands , they aren’t getting it back .

Absolutely ! Just what we need.
He doesn’t get Arm weary either by putting it up 24 times .
Think how much his teammates will welcome him , knowing they can just drop back on Defense , since once he gets it in his hands , they aren’t getting it back .
Weren’t you just defending Jenkins for taking 18-19 shots? In the Jenkins case the effect is multiplied because he also does 90% of the dribbling, gets all the screens, and makes almost every meaningful pass on the first shot in half court.

Trilly D discord is reporting SJU is positioned well early for Jordan Pope from Oregon St. TIFWIW
I was just looking at this kid Saturday trying to decide if I should add Washington-Oregon State to a 9-team parlay.

Pope and Taylor were 1A and 1B as a freshman and sophomore, respectively, two years ago for a bad Oregon State team.

He pairs well with a soph Wilcher IMO. Looks like a “plays nice with others” type of a combo that doesn’t need the ball in his hands.

He’s a combo that can push in transition and shoot very well. Doesn’t look like the best athlete but very skilled in that D’Angelo Harrison mold…but with a little more wiggle. No idea about his defense, but he’s elite shooter level if he just cleaned up the shot selection a bit.

Weren’t you just defending Jenkins for taking 18-19 shots? In the Jenkins case the effect is multiplied because he also does 90% of the dribbling, gets all the screens, and makes almost every meaningful pass on the first shot in half court.
Jenkins had shown over the course of this season that he is the Team’s MVP . Even opponents gear their defenses to try and stop him .

He is the 1 guy that Carrie’s this team . As has been said, time and again , the rest of the team are , at best , role players for a BE team .
Luis has BE skills but , hasn’t put his abilities all together yet.
Zuby has 4 star potential but , at this point lacks offensive skills . He will develop .

Soriano has played below par and has been outplayed by nearly all the top Team’s Centers .
Oduro of PC scored 32 points last week against Creighton . And , he’s a GW transfer with a lot of low post moves . When has Joel ever scored over 30 points for us ?
I think Soriano could have a lot of trouble with him tonight .
Jenkins is head and shoulders the best player on this team . He is among the Leaders in the BE in Assists , steals , scoring for his position .

Jenkins has to be the dominant player for us and has been all season .

Who else would you designate ?

Jones , on Memphis , has teammates with ability , yet he doesn’t share the ball , Just like he did here last year . He’s the classic no Assist player , if that is what you want but , that isn’t winning anything for his team .

Jones doesn’t have to shoot 24 times a game but , he did and his team lost . The next teammate had 7 shots .

So , comparing Jenkins number of shots doesn’t compare with Jones , the no Assist King .
Jenkins always posts high assist numbers , rebounds , steals , etc .
He trues mightily to get his teammates to contribute but , so often they don’t . Which is why we are 6 wins and 7 losses .

Jenkins had shown over the course of this season that he is the Team’s MVP . Even opponents gear their defenses to try and stop him .

He is the 1 guy that Carrie’s this team . As has been said, time and again , the rest of the team are , at best , role players for a BE team .
Luis has BE skills but , hasn’t put his abilities all together yet.
Zuby has 4 star potential but , at this point lacks offensive skills . He will develop .

Soriano has played below par and has been outplayed by nearly all the top Team’s Centers .
Oduro of PC scored 32 points last week against Creighton . And , he’s a GW transfer with a lot of low post moves . When has Joel ever scored over 30 points for us ?
I think Soriano could have a lot of trouble with him tonight .

Jenkins is head and shoulders the best player on this team . He is among the Leaders in the BE in Assists , steals , scoring for his position .

Jenkins has to be the dominant player for us and has been all season .

Who else would you designate ?

Jones , on Memphis , has teammates with ability , yet he doesn’t share the ball , Just like he did here last year . He’s the classic no Assist player , if that is what you want but , that isn’t winning anything for his team .

Jones doesn’t have to shoot 24 times a game but , he did and his team lost . The next teammate had 7 shots .

So , comparing Jenkins number of shots doesn’t compare with Jones , the no Assist King .
Jenkins always posts high assist numbers , rebounds , steals , etc .
He trues mightily to get his teammates to contribute but , so often they don’t . Which is why we are 6 wins and 7 losses .
You’re completely insane. You can quote all the stats you want. He fits right in on DePaul. Their top 3 scorers all have good stats and higher shooting %s, but like Jenkins, don’t make anyone better and can’t stop anyone on defense.

Attachments

• IMG_2494.jpeg
    IMG_2494.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
You’re completely insane. You can quote all the stats you want. He fits right in on DePaul. Their top 3 scorers all have good stats and higher shooting %s, but like Jenkins, don’t make anyone better and can’t stop anyone on defense.
You shouldn’t be drinking Kool Aid that you make yourself during BB season..

You are in the minority on this Board who savage Jenkins at every opportunity . Watch the games a little closer and you won’t need glasses .

Your campaign Anti Jenkins is tiresome . And , Jones is still and always been the ball hogging Chukker wherever he has played . 3 Schools so far . DePaul, St John’s and Memphis .

Not sure if it deserves it's own thread or not but it's probably a fair time to really start discussing which players are still going to be around next year.

There are 8 players on the roster eligible to return next year. I expect no more than 4 of them to still be here. I have no inside info but here's how I guess it shakes out

Expect To Stay
Zuby - He's the only one on the team that has shown noticeable improvement as the season has progressed. His motor and defense are very valuable and though he'll never be Tim Duncan, his offensive game is progressing. He should always have a decent role here.

Likely To Stay
Dunlap - He's said that he knew when he signed up that he probably wouldn't be getting consistent playing time in year one and he probably got more burn here than he would have at any other power conference school. Don't think he entertains the thought of leaving before getting a full Pitino offseason under his belt.

Sim - Think he's probably another guy that didn't expect much PT in year one but could be disappointed at just how little he's gotten. His brother could throw a wrench in things if somebody else makes a hard run at both of them this offseason but I'd be surprised in Sim leaves.

50/50
RJ Luis - I'm probably closer to 40/60 here but I guess Pitino talking him up as a future pro and all that makes me think there's a chance he'll be back. Though his body language, lack of ability to practice, and low basketball IQ might just be enough to tip the scales in a mutual parting of ways.

Likely To Leave
Glenn Taylor Jr - I just can't see him sticking around for his final season of eligibility after his playing time has completely fallen off a cliff over the past month.

Expect To Leave
Drissa, Davis, Ayo - I don't think Pitino will want to have more than 13 guys on the roster again and won't be keeping guys that can't play at this level and don't have the potential to.

No matter what there are going to be a ton of new faces again next season that Pitino and staff are going to have to acclimate into the system quickly. That obviously didn't work this year but hopefully a full season of recruiting behind the scenes will yield better players for next season.

Not sure if it deserves it's own thread or not but it's probably a fair time to really start discussing which players are still going to be around next year.

There are 8 players on the roster eligible to return next year. I expect no more than 4 of them to still be here. I have no inside info but here's how I guess it shakes out

Expect To Stay
Zuby - He's the only one on the team that has shown noticeable improvement as the season has progressed. His motor and defense are very valuable and though he'll never be Tim Duncan, his offensive game is progressing. He should always have a decent role here.

Likely To Stay
Dunlap - He's said that he knew when he signed up that he probably wouldn't be getting consistent playing time in year one and he probably got more burn here than he would have at any other power conference school. Don't think he entertains the thought of leaving before getting a full Pitino offseason under his belt.

Sim - Think he's probably another guy that didn't expect much PT in year one but could be disappointed at just how little he's gotten. His brother could throw a wrench in things if somebody else makes a hard run at both of them this offseason but I'd be surprised in Sim leaves.

50/50
RJ Luis - I'm probably closer to 40/60 here but I guess Pitino talking him up as a future pro and all that makes me think there's a chance he'll be back. Though his body language, lack of ability to practice, and low basketball IQ might just be enough to tip the scales in a mutual parting of ways.

Likely To Leave
Glenn Taylor Jr - I just can't see him sticking around for his final season of eligibility after his playing time has completely fallen off a cliff over the past month.

Expect To Leave
Drissa, Davis, Ayo - I don't think Pitino will want to have more than 13 guys on the roster again and won't be keeping guys that can't play at this level and don't have the potential to.

No matter what there are going to be a ton of new faces again next season that Pitino and staff are going to have to acclimate into the system quickly. That obviously didn't work this year but hopefully a full season of recruiting behind the scenes will yield better players for next season.
Nicely done Mug

Back