Transfer Portal 2022

That's a lot of kids who'll be in D-2 or D-3. They'd better hope NAIA schools come looking.

I always wondered what happened to kids who entered the portal and then don't get picked up by a school. They end up losing out on a scholarship?

If you look at the kids in the portal, a ton of them put up beyond paltry numbers at the lowest rungs.

The portal gets praised as putting the power in the hands of the kids, but coaches don't have to develop anyone anymore. Instead of working with the kid who gave you 2 ppg, you can tell him that he's better off somewhere else and bring in a kid who was told to leave his previous school because 4 ppg wasn't cutting it there.

If your SWAC coach got rid of you because you had bad numbers, your career as a player going to school for free is over, at least as far as NCAA schools goes.

How did Bryant rate so high ? I only know the kid from St Peters , the 6 th man/ shooter , who transferred there . Forgot his name .

How did Bryant rate so high ? I only know the kid from St Peters , the 6 th man/ shooter , who transferred there . Forgot his name .
Well if that's all you know the other 7 referred to in the chart must be imaginary. PS that sheer volume level no doubt helped them.

Back