The Worst Post Ever.

I too was following SJU basketball on the message boards since the AOL boards and was here when he started this one. I literally grew up reading these boards and enjoying them every day since I graduated PA school at SJU in 1999 which I believe was when the board was started.

I’ve grown up with this community for so long it seems cheap to call it just a message board. That said, there isn’t a single college basketball community nor board of this type with such a large following on a board not owned and run by one of the big companies. Paul always wanted to keep it that away and he did for decades now.

His spirit will always live on here and I’m thrilled to hear that his kids will continue on in his stead. Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither was this community, but it was all built by Paul. Rip Paul.

36-year-old fan. Been posting here since I was about 13. I can’t even remember what it was like to root for this team before I became a member here.

I’ve only met a couple of posters in person over the years (I’m not an alum), but my connection and love for this team has been made stronger by the indelible bonds formed these past 20+ years through this site.

I never met Paul. Probably only had a handful of interactions with him online over the years. But my heart breaks for his family, and for the posters here who knew him well that mourn his loss. I want to thank him one last time for creating this community. Not sure I could have survived so many lean years without it. I take solace and comfort knowing that Paul’s legacy and what he’s built here will long outlive any of us.

Let’s have a great season. Let’s do it for Paul.

I never really had any interactions with Paul but he brought together all these people, created friendships and gave me a place to vent about St. John’s (and lots of other things). I’ve been coming to this site since the pre-registration days, some of the early posters were not only pretty smart but also hilarious, and have been a part of this community for 15 years now so his loss is immense.

My condolences to his family and thank you for creating this place. RIP Paul

For the few that read my posts I like to tell stories sometimes. Today isn't one of those days. I don't really know what to say that hasn't been said. I only wish I had found this site sooner.

Someone mentioned legacy. Clearly this site is part of Paul's legacy . From the little I know of Paul, the stories others have shared, I am certain this is only a small part of his legacy.

RIP Paul and prayers to all of this family.

So sad to read this awful news. While I never met or even spoke to Paul, he made my life better through his dedication to creating and maintaining this board. Not easy to do with a program struggling to find success. This board is not just a great source of information, it helped me recover from several illnesses that hit me in my 60s. It was a place to go that allowed me to focus on something other than being sick. I thank Paul for that. My sincere condolences to his family.

As soon as I opened my computer just now, I feared the worst and it happened. I read about Paul's passing and still have tears in my eyes.

Paul helped me out via direct message a few times and I was very grateful and he told me it was nothing he was happy to help. A true gentleman and a loving, giving person.

May his soul rest forever in God's Loving Hands.

May his family have Paul's love for them imprinted forever on their hearts.

Ohiofan, thanks for the Novena and in the end, it meant God wanted Paul home with Him.

I'd like to say more, but I'm too emotional.

Please keep contributing per MJM's other thread. I am certain his family can use all of the help they can get.

The school definitely absolutely most definitely knows about Paul. I didn’t put it here or mention it but a couple months ago Matt A got me a video to give to Paul from Rich where he did a personal get well video for Paul. As Matt A said at Novita last year “ he grew up on Redmen.com “. They all know about Paul

Back