The Worst Post Ever.

Tom, meet you at a BC game. Haven’t post much in years. Was regular back in the day. I never met Paul but back then I felt like I knew him from his posts and helping with any issues. I have spent many hours reading this site and the information and enjoyment is all because of Paul. Rest In peace.
Tom I hope you are well.
Yeah, you too. Shocked you no longer post. You were terrific.

I’ve never met Paul, but we’ve been in contact since I was in high school. He’s always been exceedingly kind to me — even when I didn’t necessarily deserve such kindness.

He will be missed.
I think my son met your or Moose. He couldn't get a ticket so I told him I'd search on here for him. He had been a season ticket while attending NYU.
Maybe i've got the names mixed up. FYI, you were terrific poster. Really knew the game.

Was a sweet and kind man. Once when I was visiting California I contacted him hoping to visit him in Santa Rosa. We discussed my time at St. John's and my time in the service which interested him because his dad was a vet whom served in Vietnam.
Never made it up to Santa Rosa and didn't realize he had relocated to Tulsa.
I'm sure Maximilian will make his dad proud by continuing his legacy.

I think my son met your or Moose. He couldn't get a ticket so I told him I'd search on here for him. He had been a season ticket while attending NYU.
Maybe i've got the names mixed up. FYI, you were terrific poster. Really knew the game.
I think your son sat behind us at msg when it was the old msg. I could be wrong but for some reason they sounds familiar

I think your son sat behind us at msg when it was the old msg. I could be wrong but for some reason they sounds familiar
Well if one of those 2 are 114 guys, could well have been him. He's about your size. Played with Brooks Sales (vanillanova) in high school.
Here's another great story. He was working on getting season tickets when he was at NYU. I mentioned it to Paul while we were on the phone one day and he told me he'd call me back. Well PAUL, who was like the mayor of the basketball team by this point, calls me to say he spoke with Ticket manager Dennis Myron (WHO I'M SURE A LOT OF YOU KNOW) and that he's got a season ticket waiting for him in the student section and to call him to make the final arrangements. I could tell Paul stories all day, he was THAT GUY. And GOD forbid you try to send him a little something for the favor. WAS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

Very sad news, never met Paul but corresponded with him via email, he kept the site going through the turbulent era Mike Jarvis and the entire Norm era and beyond, managed competition versus Johnny Jungle and BEB. He kept our behavior in check with class and dignity. A true legend, innovator and someone who we will all miss. God bless you Paul my condolences to your family and thank you for all you did for Redmen.com.

I’m grateful for his work, including his selection of mods, to keep this site running so well for so long. Reading these posts it dawned on me that this site is the only site I ever bothered to link as a “favorite” on my iPhone. Seems like he was a favorite of many. Rest in Peace.

I never had the chance to meet Paul, just knew him as the owner of this great site, who was extremely accessible whenever I needed help or had a site question.

I can say without a doubt in my mind that throughout my lifetime, I’ve spent more time on redmen/redfans than any other website. Truthfully there’s probably not close second. And for a kid whose childhood went by without ever meeting another St. John’s fan in person, and even questioned the possibility that others existed, Redmen gave me a place for that fandom to be real. I couldn’t imagine my life without this site. Days upon days of boring classes, slow work weeks, and sick days, aided by the one constant place I had to talk, share, and learn about the one thing I never got bored with: St. John’s Basketball.

Thank you so much for everything Paul, and may you rest in peace!
So sad to hear about Paul, and my condolences to his entire family. I have been a lurker on the site since it started, and your post has been my exact life experience. Having lived in Providence my entire life (outside of college in CT, which was way worse lol) this site has been the one place that I could go to find that there are people that might just be crazier than me (my wife would not believe that was possible) when it came to my SJU fandom. So I thank you Paul for giving me a place to go to take my mind off of the daily grind of life, and a forum where hope is always eternal for Johnnies fans! RIP

I wish you both would post as I remember and met Tom from Salem (who was originally Tom from Simsbury) you both.
Oh yeah, met at the Garden. You had me point out my seats. It's been so difficult to post the past 20+ years and it really has taken the fun away. I'm younger than Pitino but this will likely be our last gasp. This is our best team since Jarvis and anything less than a first place finish will be disappointing, as the conference is down a bit, save Creighton and Xavier. So good to hear from you guys and it's been fun reminiscing about Paul. I try to fly down to one game a year and I'll let you know which one i'll be at. Thanks for posting and good to hear from you.

This is the only board i post on. I do so because after years of reading it through all the bickering the obvious love and respect you all have for each other is so apparent. Not just as fans but as people. I've never met 99% of you, including Paul but i am so sorry for the loss of what was clearly a kind, caring loving and loyal friend and family man. His family and thoughts will be in my prayers and if i can help in anyway please do not hesitate to reach out beyond my donation. I'm so sorry this painful loss.

I tried to register to the old site back in the summer of 99. I remembered following up with Paul a couple of months later. I felt like I was asking for something I had to earn because Paul was giving us something for nothing. For nearly 20 years he solely gave us something for nothing. As the owner and the true gentleman that he forever is, Paul never injected his opinions even during the darkest days of St. John's basketball. A true measure of a man is seeing his influence on his children. Max seems like a chip of the block. Farewell to a great man I never met in person but have so much admiration for.

Back