The Worst Post Ever.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Paul but we communicated several times through the years. He would always go out of his way to do anything necessary to help a St John's fan. He was a true gentleman who will be missed by everyone on this site.

I can't thank Paul enough for creating a forum where Johnnies fans can discuss and debate issues related to the basketball program. I wish I kept records of how many hours per week that I spend on this site, especially since I retired. Paul provided all of us with hours and hours of entertainment and joy. He also provided a means for me to meet several posters who have become friends through the years.

RIP Paul. Thanks for everything that you did for all of us and for St John's basketball. Condolences to your wife and family. You will be missed!!

Nice mention by the Red White club on Twitter today regarding Paul. He'd shit if he knew he was this famous.
Pitino sent him a video a couple months ago. Agree he was way too humble he has ( not going to say had ) his influence on the St John’s fan base going back to your awesome story about getting tix behind the bench and Alex Evans coming nf up to you 4

I never had the chance to meet Paul, just knew him as the owner of this great site, who was extremely accessible whenever I needed help or had a site question.

I can say without a doubt in my mind that throughout my lifetime, I’ve spent more time on redmen/redfans than any other website. Truthfully there’s probably not close second. And for a kid whose childhood went by without ever meeting another St. John’s fan in person, and even questioned the possibility that others existed, Redmen gave me a place for that fandom to be real. I couldn’t imagine my life without this site. Days upon days of boring classes, slow work weeks, and sick days, aided by the one constant place I had to talk, share, and learn about the one thing I never got bored with: St. John’s Basketball.

Thank you so much for everything Paul, and may you rest in peace!
You described many of the fans here over the years.

I never had the chance to meet Paul, just knew him as the owner of this great site, who was extremely accessible whenever I needed help or had a site question.

I can say without a doubt in my mind that throughout my lifetime, I’ve spent more time on redmen/redfans than any other website. Truthfully there’s probably not close second. And for a kid whose childhood went by without ever meeting another St. John’s fan in person, and even questioned the possibility that others existed, Redmen gave me a place for that fandom to be real. I couldn’t imagine my life without this site. Days upon days of boring classes, slow work weeks, and sick days, aided by the one constant place I had to talk, share, and learn about the one thing I never got bored with: St. John’s Basketball.

Thank you so much for everything Paul, and may you rest in peace!
And this site thrives in the darkest of St. John’s days. . We’ve known less good times than Marillac at 4am after eating Taco Bell

He use to post a lot but hadn’t posted much in the last few years but was always there. His handle, PMASSELL.
Well said 85, he was ALWAYS there. Constantly applying patches and upgrades to the server, allowing the site to run. For over 25 years he did this for no profit at all. New platforms put in for each version of Redmen/redfans. Countless hours for the benefit of us St. John’s alums/fans of the school/program. We owe Paul a debt that can never be repaid.

Well said 85, he was ALWAYS there. Constantly applying patches and upgrades to the server, allowing the site to run. For over 25 years he did this for no profit at all. New platforms put in for each version of Redmen/redfans. Countless hours for the benefit of us St. John’s alums/fans of the school/program. We owe Paul a debt that can never be repaid.
Ken, not only for no profit, but he bore a huge cost for the operation.

Back