The Knicks Are Back

Think the Wizards already signed him unfortunately...
More suckitude.

Knicks either gotta create $20 million in cap room (only real way to do that is subtract Randle) for a center or keep Randle and find someone who can back up Mitch.

I like Randle, and I like Mitch. But you can't go into the season without someone to split time with Mitch. So you gotta

(a) ship Mitch out and replace him with someone more durable AND a backup to that person
(b) find somebody on a low budget that you can get minutes out of to play with Mitch
(c) ship out Randle and use the cap room to sign a starting C and bolster the bench

I personally think C is the best option but I suspect the Knicks wind up with B

More suckitude.

Knicks either gotta create $20 million in cap room (only real way to do that is subtract Randle) for a center or keep Randle and find someone who can back up Mitch.

I like Randle, and I like Mitch. But you can't go into the season without someone to split time with Mitch. So you gotta

(a) ship Mitch out and replace him with someone more durable AND a backup to that person
(b) find somebody on a low budget that you can get minutes out of to play with Mitch
(c) ship out Randle and use the cap room to sign a starting C and bolster the bench

I personally think C is the best option but I suspect the Knicks wind up with B
They could have a ton of cap room but there are no free agents centers out there for them to sign.

They could have a ton of cap room but there are no free agents centers out there for them to sign.
I know - but there might be ones to trade for. Nobody thrilling. But you can't go with "Mitch and Pray For Rain" at center.

Unless they take Mase's brilliant idea and use Randle as a small-ball 5. You can't get away with that against Embiid and some other guys out there. But you can probably get away with and maybe even thrive against Adebayo, Porzingis, guys like that.

I know - but there might be ones to trade for. Nobody thrilling. But you can't go with "Mitch and Pray For Rain" at center.

Unless they take Mase's brilliant idea and use Randle as a small-ball 5. You can't get away with that against Embiid and some other guys out there. But you can probably get away with and maybe even thrive against Adebayo, Porzingis, guys like that.

We played three guards last year and thrived. Hell, at one point we were starting four guards.

Why not try three forwards when Mitch is out?

We played three guards last year and thrived. Hell, at one point we were starting four guards.

Why not try three forwards when Mitch is out?
We will definitely be seeing some smaller lineups this year

What bums me out about the Hartenstein loss is we won’t be able to replace his passing. For a big his passing ability was great.

What we need to do now is find a way to replace his activity and effort on the boards.

NCJohnnie mentioned Clint Capela, he’s the only big in the league with a higher offensive rebound % than Hartenstein. In that sense he would be a good fit, not sure how we could get him here though

Please get Goga Bitadze from the Magic 🙏

Please stay far away from James Wiseman.

Last edited:
Please get Goga Bitadze from the Magic 🙏

Please stay far away from James Wiseman.
Monte buried him on his bench. I think Thibs would do the same. Upside is intriguing. But unless Wiseman is humbled enough to come in and work, NY is not the place for him.

Sucks to lose Hstein. I’m confident they will find the right guy. Mitchell better stay healthy . Hopefully Sims makes a leap

Randal is an all-star. How do you get rid of him for a backup to Mitch? Precious must be signed. Sims is servicable... Maybe take a flier on Mo Bamba or Xavier Tillman if the price is right. The others out there are overpriced.

They are probably leaning towards keeping Randle. I like Randle but the guy is going to have to buy in on the defensive end come playoff time. There's been too many cases of laziness/checking out with him. Talent/ability is not the issue

They are probably leaning towards keeping Randle. I like Randle but the guy is going to have to buy in on the defensive end come playoff time. There's been too many cases of laziness/checking out with him. Talent/ability is not the issue
Another Knicks/Nets deal: DaRon Sharp and a second round pick for Deuce McBride and a first round pick.

Are we taking bets on Taj Gibson being the backup center in 24/25?
There will be a stretch in the season where this probably ends up happening. All it takes is one inevitable Mitch injury, one injury to the backup, and bam Taj is hitting the treadmill to get back in game shape

There will be a stretch in the season where this probably ends up happening. All it takes is one inevitable Mitch injury, one injury to the backup, and bam Taj is hitting the treadmill to get back in game shape
Didn’t Taj play on the ‘70 and ‘73 Knick championship teams? 🤪

Back