The Knicks Are Back

146 over 10 mill
'
Thanks, but I don't see what it matters? If they were getting half that should the extra hundreds of millions go to the owners of the teams which they can apparently now sell for $5 billion. Industry and market defines wages. At least the owners are not slumlords paying their rank and file the coins that fell between the cushions of the couch like so many corporate executives.

'
Thanks, but I don't see what it matters? If they were getting half that should the extra hundreds of millions go to the owners of the teams which they can apparently now sell for $5 billion. Industry and market defines wages. At least the owners are not slumlords paying their rank and file the coins that fell between the cushions of the couch like so many corporate executives.
It's going to take some adjusting to when guys are making 78mill per year, and even 100mill per year, but I totally agree. Why would I want James Dolan and random suits to make more money than the people I actually watch?

Keita Bates-Diop may be an underrated pick-up. I don't think he'll play much, but he is a legitimate NBA player who can handle mop up duty/be a guy off the bench once there's injuries. Comparing him to a guy like Duane Washington/DaQuan Jeffries/etc., he's world's better.

Re-signing Precious is a no brainer. I'm hoping for Lowry with the TPMLE. If we can add a nice backup center (e.g. Richards), this offseason is a massive success.

Keita Bates-Diop may be an underrated pick-up. I don't think he'll play much, but he is a legitimate NBA player who can handle mop up duty/be a guy off the bench once there's injuries. Comparing him to a guy like Duane Washington/DaQuan Jeffries/etc., he's world's better.

Re-signing Precious is a no brainer. I'm hoping for Lowry with the TPMLE. If we can add a nice backup center (e.g. Richards), this offseason is a massive success.

I like re-signing Precious IF he's not glued to the bench.

I thought he was playing great and then all of a sudden Thibs sat him down when the roster was awfully thin.

Perplexing.

I like re-signing Precious IF he's not glued to the bench.

I thought he was playing great and then all of a sudden Thibs sat him down when the roster was awfully thin.

Perplexing.
Signed the French kid and paid buyout. They signed him for 80% of what is slotted saving $904K....think he and Duece go to Utah for Kessler

More suckitude.

Knicks either gotta create $20 million in cap room (only real way to do that is subtract Randle) for a center or keep Randle and find someone who can back up Mitch.

I like Randle, and I like Mitch. But you can't go into the season without someone to split time with Mitch. So you gotta

(a) ship Mitch out and replace him with someone more durable AND a backup to that person
(b) find somebody on a low budget that you can get minutes out of to play with Mitch
(c) ship out Randle and use the cap room to sign a starting C and bolster the bench

I personally think C is the best option but I suspect the Knicks wind up with B
I would move Randle in the right deal, but I'm not sure if that deal exists, and he's too good to simply give away. Also, I think the Knicks front office is higher on him than public perception, and he becomes more effective if he can accept his role of being a less ball dominant offensive player but another guy who can still get you buckets against a good team in a playoff game on top of what we already have. Randle as the #1 or 1b option is much different than Randall as a 2b or 3a option.

On (a), one fake trade option had a deal in which the Knicks sent Robinson to Detroit for young guys with upside to free up cap space for down-the-road or the present (basically Mitch going to Detroit, who has tons of space and needs to spend $ to hit the salary floor, for Jalen Duran and Jaden Ivy. Something like that is interesting.

I think (c) might be both the best and realistic option. Remember, the Knicks "found" Robinson. A former top prospect in prep who had his issues in college, and so they got him in a place he might not otherwise be available. And then we basically "found" Hartenstein, who was considered at best a journeyman, end of rotation level big the Knicks developed into a $30 million per year player. Those guys exist, even if it isn't always easy to find and develop them.

I would move Randle in the right deal, but I'm not sure if that deal exists, and he's too good to simply give away. Also, I think the Knicks front office is higher on him than public perception, and he becomes more effective if he can accept his role of being a less ball dominant offensive player but another guy who can still get you buckets against a good team in a playoff game on top of what we already have. Randle as the #1 or 1b option is much different than Randall as a 2b or 3a option.

On (a), one fake trade option had a deal in which the Knicks sent Robinson to Detroit for young guys with upside to free up cap space for down-the-road or the present (basically Mitch going to Detroit, who has tons of space and needs to spend $ to hit the salary floor, for Jalen Duran and Jaden Ivy. Something like that is interesting.

I think (c) might be both the best and realistic option. Remember, the Knicks "found" Robinson. A former top prospect in prep who had his issues in college, and so they got him in a place he might not otherwise be available. And then we basically "found" Hartenstein, who was considered at best a journeyman, end of rotation level big the Knicks developed into a $30 million per year player. Those guys exist, even if it isn't always easy to find and develop them.
I agree on Randle. It is interesting that no one seems to think he'll sign an extension this summer. It's probably safe to assume he opts out next year if he has a healthy year. Obviously a lot depends on this year, but it makes me wonder if there's a big trade around the corner or something they'll entertain this deadline.

We can't give him away, and on that token, also can't lose him for nothing next year.

Watching Bridges' press conference. Said he wanted to be drafted by the Knicks because of playing at the Garden in college. Said it's just different, and shouted out playing STJ & called the BET the best college basketball tournament in the country.

Easy in the world of NIL to forget that MSG is still a recruiting advantage and impressionable for people. While I love the Big East guys playing for the Knicks, would be great to have a Johnnie again

Easy in the world of NIL to forget that MSG is still a recruiting advantage and impressionable for people. While I love the Big East guys playing for the Knicks, would be great to have a Johnnie again
Recruiting advantage? I see most top players, including Bridges, opting to play elsewhere in college.

When I see the caption of this thread, I keep hoping to read that Dolan is no longer with the team ownership.

Back