St. John's-Georgetown, Game II Game Thread

Nope not in the detective business but usually pretty good at detecting posters and their fake identities when they try to change their screeen name. I'd say you are a middle aged white male probably in his 60's.

You have mellowed out slightly since Realfan posted under that screen name which would lead me to believe you are taking some sort of medication for anger or anxiety. Possibly paxil.

The only thing that you and the original realfan and you dont have in common would be realfans tendency to write like a angry serial killer with all the large cap letters. But being put on some sort of medication would cause me to believe that tendency would go away slightly or if he was trying to hide his new identity by acting slightly more normal.

But the thing that is interesting is your posts just like realfans have evoked a strong send of annoyance amongst many posters in the exact same way even if your posts now are not in largecaps.

Coincidence ? Couple that with me knowing for a fact that Realfan's name was John and also couple that with the fact that Bamafan has kind of come to your defense on the site ( and Bamafan said he was personal friends with realfan a long time ago ).

Further coincidence ?

Great post! That had me LMAO.

BTW - I never had a chance to tell you how great it was meeting you and your girlfriend at UCLA last year. My son and I had a great time! Perhaps this guy is related to that UCLA goon sitting down the row from us???

Bottom line is that guys like John15, illwill and a few others are really killing this board. The constant whining and complaining is almost too much to bear for most reasonable fans of this program. I hope it ends soon.Trust me, I'm not ready to go rah, rah yet. I just think we need anger season or two to rebuild before ripping the job being done by staff and players..

This is by far your most amazing post....... I guess the translation here would be............ you can't have a rational argument based on the facts and since your crude and irrational responses cant cut it, get rid of those who disagree with you, otherwise " we are killing this board".

As ILLWILL stated before, its posters like yourself who are not fans at all, that are killing this site. True fans understand the passion of all fans and while they may not agree, they respect their right to voice their opinion as
they recognize that we are all out for the betterment of the program.

Yea,
Actually realfan, there's a reason both of you have been banned multiple times on multiple boards. Most notable is that it has been expressed recently that "fans" like yourself are actually hampering recruiting efforts. In the past i
wouldnt have believed it, but in the past few years i have been told several times that it is the case. Besides that, only you and illwill like to read each other's posts...

Now you are making an even bigger fool of yourself then your already have and that's unreal. You are calling me real fan? What proof do you have of that?

Dont blame MCN. I called you out as Realfan first.

Oh wait let me think.... What was Realfan's real name ? Oh yeah that's right his name was John

Wait, let me guess, you're in the detective business right (kind of like my line of work)? Great deduction..... Since my name is John, I must be Realfan. Hmmmmm so I guess that MCNPA must be Marcus Hatten? If you guys only knew how Silly your posts
are. :) :)

John, do you realize how toxic and negative most of your posts are? I get it - you paid $600 for a season ticket and are annoyed. I've had tickets for over 30 seasons, and for the most part wonder how quickly they've gone by. Most of those years, I thought my ticket was a bargain, and it was. When you are in a packed Garden and can't hear the person next to you over the roar of an incredible pro St. John's crowd, you know you are witnessing something special.

If you can't wait for those days to return, or don't think they will, cancel your tickets, stop posting here, and take up following something you believe in strongly. Honestly, I don't think posting all of your negativity makes you feel any better, and it certainly annoys some people here who are trying to enjoy this team and season for what it is - a talent laden but undermanned team with absent head coach recovering from cancer.

Take a moment, enjoy a long three by Harrison - perhaps our best outside shooter in a long, long time. Revel in the way that Harkless can dunk on guys with them in his face - something I can't recall another SJU player doing ever. Enjoy Phil Greene gliding down the court at warp speed and threading the needle to a cutting forward.

Yes, we will come out on the short end most nights. Yea when we get into foul trouble, get injured, or are off, we will lose big. That's expected. But don't compare this for one second to the NR years. This is something to build on, and I actually look forward to games. If you don't, message me - I have a couple of kids who would appreciate your tickets.

You obviously have not been reading my posts but have jumped on the proverbial band wagon. I have praised these kids left and right as well as the staff. This whole negative thing came about cause I posted that we should have more faith in Lavin in the class he is bringing in and not a backup plan. Then another poster started calling me Realfan and the rest is history. So before you too start calling my posts negative and toxic, read them first. Unfortunately, I have been warned by a mod but those who attack me on a regular basis have not.

In this corner MCNPA and MDinkins-in the red corner ILLWILL and John12. Must admit I read all the posts so I guess I found it entertaining although I had sports on the TV at the same time so maybe to characterize it as entertaining is being charitable. But the reason I am weighing in is to suggest that for those of you that don't enjoy these posts why not just scroll down and skip them as I do with what I consider overly long posts. I believe this is a better solution than banning posters for so called flaming the board. You cannot be inflamed unless you allow yourself to be-you can exercise some self control. Banning people for their point of view is not what this country stands for or is all about. As a great American (?) once said, "Can't we all just get along".

I have no problem with bi-polar fans. I do not want to walk in an Ill Bill's shoes as I would imagine those shoes would always feel too damn tight. I would not want to live in his apartment as that rent would be too damn high. I would not want to sit in his seat at Carnesecca Arena as that seat would be too damn hard. All of which would make me want to write how this team
Is too damn young
Is too damn thin
Knows too damn little about offense....or .....defense
The coaches are paid too damn much
The tickets are too damn expensive
No one, other than me, has no damn clue
We have no damn recruits
We have not progressed but regressed too damn much
So ----- I will shout it out, loud and clear, for all to hear, I am a realist, for all to fear
For I will repeat myself, over and over on every thread, until I am dead
I am a Real Fan, as Ill as I am,
A bi-polar, bi-coastal fan
I will continue to exclaim one good word followed by one bad word
And those words are my mantra, a true St. John's fan...................WE SUCK! 

this post made me laugh..well done.

ok, ill admit that i can be over-the-top, but the notion that this team/program is void of issues and therefore should not be criticized is just flat out absurd.

I realize that we are in a tough situation, but some of that was created by the coaching staff. If the rest of you want to place Lavin and company on an impenetrable pedestal, so be it. But IN MY OPINION you are drinking too much kool-aid.  

We are a 10-15 basketball team....yes, they are mostly freshman, but we are still 10-15. Point to the presence of only 6 players all you want, but whose fault is that? Are we going to keep blaming Norm? Or are we going to realize that maybe Dunlap was part of the reason nuri and stith transfered, and Lavin recruited Nuri. I apologize for repeating myself, Otis, but if a coach gets credit when a recruit pans out well, he gets blame when things do not go right. Not to mention, the loss of Jakarr and pelle really hurt this team...and whose decision was it to send them to that school?

So again, YES...we all realize this team will get better and with the right recruits next season we could be a good team. But right now we are below .500 with only one player (eligible second semester) signed for next season. We have not improved as much as many of you think and I think it's fair to expect a little more out of this team than we have gotten...as in, not getting blown out at home against Cincy.

I do trust that Lavin will bring in some talent, but until he actually does, I don't want to hear about how we are going to be a sweet-16 team next season.

Nope not in the detective business but usually pretty good at detecting posters and their fake identities when they try to change their screeen name. I'd say you are a middle aged white male probably in his 60's.

You have mellowed out slightly since Realfan posted under that screen name which would lead me to believe you are taking some sort of medication for anger or anxiety. Possibly paxil.

The only thing that you and the original realfan and you dont have in common would be realfans tendency to write like a angry serial killer with all the large cap letters. But being put on some sort of medication would cause me to believe that tendency would go away slightly or if he was trying to hide his new identity by acting slightly more normal.

But the thing that is interesting is your posts just like realfans have evoked a strong send of annoyance amongst many posters in the exact same way even if your posts now are not in largecaps.

Coincidence ? Couple that with me knowing for a fact that Realfan's name was John and also couple that with the fact that Bamafan has kind of come to your defense on the site ( and Bamafan said he was personal friends with realfan a long time ago ).

Further coincidence ?

Great post! That had me LMAO.

BTW - I never had a chance to tell you how great it was meeting you and your girlfriend at UCLA last year. My son and I had a great time! Perhaps this guy is related to that UCLA goon sitting down the row from us???

yeah it was great meeting you as well. That UCLA fan sitting near us was freaking annoying. lol

Sorry about my behavior at Pauley that afternoon. I'm not sure what came over me.

Sorry about my behavior at Pauley that afternoon. I'm not sure what came over me.
  Yeah I think the Sushi they were serving at the concession stand there got to you :)

Bottom line is that guys like John15, illwill and a few others are really killing this board. The constant whining and complaining is almost too much to bear for most reasonable fans of this program. I hope it ends soon.Trust me, I'm not ready to go rah, rah yet. I just think we need anger season or two to rebuild before ripping the job being done by staff and players..

This is by far your most amazing post....... I guess the translation here would be............ you can't have a rational argument based on the facts and since your crude and irrational responses cant cut it, get rid of those who disagree with you, otherwise " we are killing this board".

As ILLWILL stated before, its posters like yourself who are not fans at all, that are killing this site. True fans understand the passion of all fans and while they may not agree, they respect their right to voice their opinion as
they recognize that we are all out for the betterment of the program.

Actually realfan, there's a reason both of you have been banned multiple times on multiple boards. Most notable is that it has been expressed recently that "fans" like yourself are actually hampering recruiting efforts. In the past i
wouldnt have believed it, but in the past few years i have been told several times that it is the case. Besides that, only you and illwill like to read each other's posts...

Now you are making an even bigger fool of yourself then your already have and that's unreal. You are calling me real fan? What proof do you have of that?

Dont blame MCN. I called you out as Realfan first.

Oh wait let me think.... What was Realfan's real name ? Oh yeah that's right his name was John

Wait, let me guess, you're in the detective business right (kind of like my line of work)? Great deduction..... Since my name is John, I must be Realfan. Hmmmmm so I guess that MCNPA must be Marcus Hatten? If you guys only knew how Silly your posts
are. :) :)

Further coincidence ?

Excuse me for attempting to broker a peace. Please continue arguing and bashing each other. I thought this was the Gtown game thread-oh well wrong again.

Back