SJU Portal Targets

If that’s the case, I think we are on the upswing with a nasty lineup. Cal has also underperformed last few years in post-season and was gonna get canned by UK. Big East and NYC gonna be the place to be for basketball this coming season.
Cal still has a very good reputation —the guy has coached some of the top players in the NBA —and Arkansas is going to be good.

Conversely, we haven’t won a tournament game in over 20 years. Pitino is a hall of famer and our transfer class is really good, but I’m not sure we’re presently a final four contender or a more attractive destination than Arkansas, irrespective of NIL.

If that’s the case, I think we are on the upswing with a nasty lineup. Cal has also underperformed last few years in post-season and was gonna get canned by UK. Big East and NYC gonna be the place to be for basketball this coming season.
Let's hope Kasean is receptive to Rick's spin on the roster, the BEC, and what it's like to be a winner I. NYC.

Two different players. Mitchel is a strong player on the blocks but not much of a shooter and not a three point shooter at all. Pryor, a good rebounder, not as strong inside but a very good shooter and a good three point shooter, more of a stretch 4 than a power forward. My sense is that coach would prefer a stretch 4.
Stretch 5 might a better description.
I don’t know how much 4 he’d play here.

Stretch 5 might a better description.
I don’t know how much 4 he’d play here.
Coach Rick needs to put his eyes on a player. I don’t think Coach would take him without a personal workout. I’m thinking Dillon Mitchell or someone we have not considered. Then wait for the Ledlum ruling. Just a hunch.

In terms of Pryor who may be a fringe NBA player, if Cal comes through with a 7 figure signing gift, that would be tough to turn down. As Paultzman stated above, player development may not be in the forefront of his thoughts.

Let me just say that many on this board have a pretty low bar of what it takes to make an NBA roster, I don't see anyone who's much better than an UDFA 2 way contract guy on the roster next year, with or without Pryor. Luis is the wildcard, with shooting improvement Kadary could sneak into the second road as well I guess. That's still probably a 2 way.

Coach Rick needs to put his eyes on a player. I don’t think Coach would take him without a personal workout. I’m thinking Dillon Mitchell or someone we have not considered. Then wait for the Ledlum ruling. Just a hunch.
Supposedly, Coach is looking for a guy who can shoot from the outside
If that's the case, Mitchell would not be a viable candidate for him

In terms of Pryor who may be a fringe NBA player, if Cal comes through with a 7 figure signing gift, that would be tough to turn down. As Paultzman stated above, player development may not be in the forefront of his thoughts.
Coach Rick will need to workout Jackie Moon. He will need to judge his lateral quickness. No workout =no offer. I think Coach Rick has another trick up his sleeve.

Back