SJU Portal Targets

I think Rick is a betting man and believes that they will both be eligible! The NCAA has had an awful legal track record lately and I also think that our guys will win this battle. Personally, I can't believe that the NCAA is actually fighting this case, they have already permitted over a thousand players to play an extra fifth year, why waste your time and money fighting a legal battle for just a few Ivy league players. Allowing them a fifth year of eligibility is not going to open up a can of worms!
Seriously at this point why fight it

I think Rick is a betting man and believes that they will both be eligible! The NCAA has had an awful legal track record lately and I also think that our guys will win this battle. Personally, I can't believe that the NCAA is actually fighting this case, they have already permitted over a thousand players to play an extra fifth year, why waste your time and money fighting a legal battle for just a few Ivy league players. Allowing them a fifth year of eligibility is not going to open up a can of worms!
If Rick is betting the season on Ledlum and Dongle coming back we’re in trouble.

So if we close this Portal season with a Smith/Kadary/Mitchell combo (all seemingly have visited the past 5 days.... how we feelin?

Prob lacking a bit outside shooting... but, gotta be extremely happy with this haul and retention.... right?

Will wait till roster is finalized before providing in-depth expert analysis into all those players....lol

So if we close this Portal season with a Smith/Kadary/Mitchell combo (all seemingly have visited the past 5 days.... how we feelin?

Prob lacking a bit outside shooting... but, gotta be extremely happy with this haul and retention.... right?

Will wait till roster is finalized before providing in-depth expert analysis into all those players....lol
Smith/Kadary/Mitchell/Vince/Scott would be a home run portal season to me.

I'd be feelin like we'd have a beast of a defense.

Smith/Kadary/Mitchell/Vince/Scott would be a home run portal season to me.
Might not have been considered one at the beginning of portal season, but knowing what we know now about the utter insanity that we just witnessed, absolutely.

Eligible or not would only expect Ludlum back, if eligible.

Personally I’m looking forward to giving my 2024-25 minutes distribution breakdown on bunch of players I’ve never seen play or at best YouTube highlight reels where they shoot 100%

Smith and Kadary move the needle for me. Two guys who fill the stat sheet. This team would have scoring, defense, athleticism, depth, and lateral quickness. Not a great shooting team, but enough to keep teams honest. C+ for shooting (the meaty part of the curve).

I just wanted to be able to defend and run so Pitino could do his thing. Kadary and Smith get us there.

Last season was particularly brutal as a fan knowing our physical limitations.

If he was on campus today just let it play out. All these announcements clearly came after a commitment was made and statements were prepared.
Hope so. He is a difference maker despite the baggage. Just worried about the IL buzz.

Back