SJU Portal Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a member of a bunch of boards over the years- politics, sports, music- and the best ones are the ones that are lightly moderated and the posters police themselves. That's what this is. You spent a couple of weeks carrying on like a teenage girl who didn't get Taylor Swift tickets just because Pitino didn't sign somebody the first 3 days of portal season. Sorry, you're gonna get a little good natured ball-busting. Sounds like you learned your lesson though. Mission accomplished!
I don’t think that’s what he did at all. Matt C is a great poster, Tnice.

His complaints were never completely serious. Even if they were, our fans should be given more room there than any group in the Big East besides DePaul. Those sorry bastards can complain without any limit.

Around $3M for winning. Owners (I believe) can bet on their own horse as well so some extra juice there.
$3.1 million minus $310,000 for jockey and $310,000 for trainer plus I’m sure Mike gifts the grooms/ hot walkers cash bonuses. Plus Mike takes a whole floor of rooms at the best hotel in Louisville, arranges charter bus to and from the track plus more! All worth it!

$3.1 million minus $310,000 for jockey and $310,000 for trainer plus I’m sure Mike gifts the grooms/ hot walkers cash bonuses. Plus Mike takes a whole floor of rooms at the best hotel in Louisville, arranges charter bus to and from the track plus more! All worth it!
The real money is once you win the derby your stud fee goes up, Fierceness's but probably Mike's too :D!

I still think we are getting him 🫣

I still think we are getting Sylven Landesberg. Remember that whole ordeal it was down to us and UVA. Norm really worked hard on getting him to visit. He comes to Queens the same day the campus gets locked down due to gunman on site. As if my horse racing comments weren't off topic enough, now this.

Moderators get ready with the ban hammer.

I still think we are getting Sylven Landesberg. Remember that whole ordeal it was down to us and UVA. Norm really worked hard on getting him to visit. He comes to Queens the same day the campus gets locked down due to gunman on site. As if my horse racing comments weren't off topic enough, now this.

Moderators get ready with the ban hammer.
Not to continue to derail the thread but Syl got burned pretty bad by the portal and free transfers not being a thing back then when his coach got fired after his Freshman season and he just wasn't a fit for Tony Bennett on or off the court

Not to continue to derail the thread but Syl got burned pretty bad by the portal and free transfers not being a thing back then when his coach got fired after his Freshman season and he just wasn't a fit for Tony Bennett on or off the court
Could have had Holy Cross representing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back