SJU Portal Targets

Arkansas makes no sense for Smith. With Boogie and the addition of Davis, this sounds like just using the name for raising stock. Louisville brought in 5 guards this portal season already, so that sort of feels the same as Arkansas fit wise, doesn't really mesh. He's not going somewhere to come off the bench in year 5.

Washington having coaching familiarity - they added DJ Davis to play the 2 and have stud guard Zoom Diallo coming in, as well as Mekhi Mason from Rice, that would make for a really nice four.

I think more teams will be involved here, my guess

Sounds like Melvin Council from Wagner is the other visitor with Smith today.
I’ve seen Melvin Council play. He is a very good shooter with excellent size. Wagner was only 7 deep due to injuries, yet still won their conference and went to the NCAA tournament. He can play.
Plus one of Wagner’s assistants is our own Malik Boothe. I’m sure Coach Boothe vouched for him. Trust Coach.

Arkansas makes no sense for Smith. With Boogie and the addition of Davis, this sounds like just using the name for raising stock. Louisville brought in 5 guards this portal season already, so that sort of feels the same as Arkansas fit wise, doesn't really mesh. He's not going somewhere to come off the bench in year 5.

Washington having coaching familiarity - they added DJ Davis to play the 2 and have stud guard Zoom Diallo coming in, as well as Mekhi Mason from Rice, that would make for a really nice four.

I think more teams will be involved here, my guess

I think if Pitino really wants him and the NIL is there we can get him. As you said Arkansas and Louisville don't make sense to me on paper. Did I read correctly (might've been 79 who posted it a while back) that Smith's mother is from Brooklyn?

I’ve seen Melvin Council play. He is a very good shooter with excellent size. Wagner was only 7 deep due to injuries, yet still won their conference and went to the NCAA tournament. He can play.
Plus one of Wagner’s assistants is our own Malik Boothe. I’m sure Coach Boothe vouched for him. Trust Coach.
He shot 38% from the field in a very weak conference.

Wake Me Up When September Ends GIF by MOODMAN

^ very helpful depth chart doc that fans on the discord are maintaining.

Smith seems legitimately interested in Louisville but not Arkansas. It seems like a similar situation to us -- why would Smith want to be here with Kadary? Koren was a 6th man (of the year) last year in Washington. So I can see the fit making sense there, although that backcourt would be very small.

Why would Smith want to be here with Kadary? Koren was a 6th man (of the year) last year in Washington. So I can see the fit making sense there, although that backcourt would be very small.

Because Pitino has proven he can make these types of players fit together. I keep going back to the 08-09 Lousville team. Look at the way Pitino played Sosa, Earl Clark, Terrence Williams together.

Because Pitino has proven he can make these types of players fit together. I keep going back to the 08-09 Lousville team. Look at the way Pitino played Sosa, Earl Clark, Terrence Williams together.
Oh, I get it. That was more of a question those people are asking -- which is hilarious since they should've been watching their own team.

Back