SJU Portal Targets

I agree with this.
Get Kadary or Smith (looking more like Kadary) and somehow manage to retain an eligible Dingle and Ledlum and I like our team a lot.

Assuming we get one of Kadary or Smith, and Dingle and Ledlum remain uncertain, I think we need to pony up for a power forward type (the Texas kid assuming we don’t get Omier). Agree that the third scholarship should go to a role player who can shoot.

Assuming we have limited financial resources, and enough to “go big” on two players, I think we’re better served to invest in one of Kadary and Smith and a stud power forward.

That said, not sure if we’re in position to pass up on talent. If somehow we can get both Smith and Kadary before picking up a forward, I think we roll the dice and do it. As others have said, Kadary is a very good rebounder and can serve as a point forward. With Kadary, Smith and RJ, we would have a lot of ball dominant guys and not much shooting, but the talent is clearly off the charts.

Shot 26.5% from 3 last season. Hard pass.
He’s listed as a junior but I only see one year of stats. Did he redshirt? I’ve never seen him play but a young player can improve significantly. Not like he’s had those stats for four years.

He’s listed as a junior but I only see one year of stats. Did he redshirt? I’ve never seen him play but a young player can improve significantly. Not like he’s had those stats for four years.
Not sure but he may have only played one year of division 1 ball and previously played at lower level.

Juco

Not a terrible depth piece. If we knew we had dingle and one of the two blue chippers I’d like it. But think our 3rd guard should be able to shoot it better.

Trilly on Smith: "Continue to hear that Louisville is involved with Deivon Smith. They’re the only other school he has serious interest in besides the three listed (St. John’s, Washington and WVU)."

Back