SJU Portal Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m done with Cliff. Obviously if you can get him, you do. But at this point I want to allocate our NIL towards the two guards that we need.
I'd treat Cliff as an outside the NIL budget expense. Get the guards and one more forward like you're saying, and if Cliff wants to give us the last visit, we take it. If he wants to come and gives us his number, Pitino calls Repole.

Vet PG and a shooter and we are in good shape.

If hypothetically Cliff landed here then you'd move Ejafor to the 4 and have Iwuchukwu back up both spots, I guess, but it would really hamper your shooting unless Luis and Ejafor both improved dramatically in that department (which I actually expect from Luis but not from Ejafor).

Dillon Mitchell presents a similar challenge, you can play him at the 4 and Ejofor at the 5 and have Iwuchukwu back up both spots, I guess, but again really limits your offense (although it maybe helps your defense).

All in all I'd rather add a shooter and a defend-and-distribute minded PG to the mix and let Rick coach em up
Am i gonna need to parlay my bet with Beast about Zuby not starting at the 4 with you and Vince not backing up the 4??

Am i gonna need to parlay my bet with Beast about Zuby not starting at the 4 with you and Vince not backing up the 4??
I personally do not want to see Zuby at the 4.
My preference is Zuby at the 5 with Iwuchukwu splitting time with him, Luis at the 4, Scott at the 3, and either two portal guys in the backcourt or Wilcher and someone else in the backcourt.
But if they go get another big then i think you could wind up with Zuby at the 4 which is suboptimal IMO

Personally over the Cliff saga. If you went to buy a Jeep for $45,000 and suddenly the dealership calls and it costs $70,000 what would you say to that? The Jeep didn’t get any nicer just cause the price increased dramatically.

In an ideal world the best remaining fits would be Smith paired with a return of Dingle and Ledlum. Holy cow that would be some team. Unfortunate that we won’t know if that’s even feasible while the portal is open.

I personally do not want to see Zuby at the 4.
My preference is Zuby at the 5 with Iwuchukwu splitting time with him, Luis at the 4, Scott at the 3, and either two portal guys in the backcourt or Wilcher and someone else in the backcourt.
But if they go get another big then i think you could wind up with Zuby at the 4 which is suboptimal IMO
I don’t see any scenario where Vince will be getting time at the 4

Personally over the Cliff saga. If you went to buy a Jeep for $45,000 and suddenly the dealership calls and it costs $70,000 what would you say to that? The Jeep didn’t get any nicer just cause the price increased dramatically.

In an ideal world the best remaining fits would be Smith paired with a return of Dingle and Ledlum. Holy cow that would be some team. Unfortunate that we won’t know if that’s even feasible while the portal is open.
But what if you really need that jeep?

If hypothetically Cliff landed here then you'd move Ejafor to the 4 and have Iwuchukwu back up both spots, I guess, but it would really hamper your shooting unless Luis and Ejafor both improved dramatically in that department (which I actually expect from Luis but not from Ejafor).

Dillon Mitchell presents a similar challenge, you can play him at the 4 and Ejofor at the 5 and have Iwuchukwu back up both spots, I guess, but again really limits your offense (although it maybe helps your defense).

All in all I'd rather add a shooter and a defend-and-distribute minded PG to the mix and let Rick coach em up
My choice as well

I'd treat Cliff as an outside the NIL budget expense. Get the guards and one more forward like you're saying, and if Cliff wants to give us the last visit, we take it. If he wants to come and gives us his number, Pitino calls Repole.
That sounds good DK. You should write screen plays, lol.

Vince wont see a minute at the 4. I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life.

Who cares about cliff? Sounds to me he is chasing a bag while sju is chasing wins . Never heard of the kid until this thread and probably will never hear about him again after this thread . Some of you are treating this kid like Michael Jordan . Rick knows what he is doing

Wonder who's more 'possible' Kadary Richmond or Jordan Pope. No clue, of course. Just winging it out there. Or maybe a mystery shooter, like tales of our 'mystery' big back in the day. Lol.

Wonder who's more 'possible' Kadary Richmond or Jordan Pope. No clue, of course. Just winging it out there. Or maybe a mystery shooter, like tales of our 'mystery' big back in the day. Lol.
Pope committed to Texas. Most people expected Kadary to go portal this week, but who knows.

Pope committed to Texas. Most people expected Kadary to go portal this week, but who knows.
Sha's busy deferring half of his future earnings and a percentage of his investment income to get Richmond to stay. Talk about having leverage over a team....

Neither 247 Sports nor The Athletic has Jordan Pope committing anywhere...as of today. Oh well.

Who cares about cliff? Sounds to me he is chasing a bag while sju is chasing wins . Never heard of the kid until this thread and probably will never hear about him again after this thread . Some of you are treating this kid like Michael Jordan . Rick knows what he is doing
If you've never heard of Cliff, you don't follow college hoops much other than the Johnnies which is fine but then your opinions need to be just a little qualified. Cliff was the second best player on a Rutgers team that actually danced in 2022, something we haven't done since 2019.

If you've never heard of Cliff, you don't follow college hoops much other than the Johnnies which is fine but then your opinions need to be just a little qualified. Cliff was the second best player on a Rutgers team that actually danced in 2022, something we haven't done since 2019.
Just as the last person moves on from Cliff is when he'll pop for us 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back