Practice Tidbits

Keita's big and does not look that narrow. Hope he amounts to a four year contributor.

Rick was not successful restructuring his contract recently and seems destined to move on shortly as is his history.
Not to get back into the whole Pitino to SJU debate but my initial thought was that he's angling to get the SJU job if CMA fails this year.... If no NCAA Tournament this year and an offer isn't extended to Slick Rick for one final bigtime run then this program might as well fold up shop

Did not see that. He wanted more money and/or years?
His quote w Jayden Daly

“We didn’t necessarily talk about a lifetime contract, we talked about a new contract and it didn’t work out for a variety of reasons. I’m not upset and nobody’s upset about it, it just didn’t work out. There was a changing of the guard with the Board of Trustees and a few other things that didn’t work out with the contract so it’s no hard feelings and we just try to have a great team this year.”

His quote w Jayden Daly

“We didn’t necessarily talk about a lifetime contract, we talked about a new contract and it didn’t work out for a variety of reasons. I’m not upset and nobody’s upset about it, it just didn’t work out. There was a changing of the guard with the Board of Trustees and a few other things that didn’t work out with the contract so it’s no hard feelings and we just try to have a great team this year.”
Considering it's Rick.....this should be considered laying the foundation for departure. He will not be Iona's coach next season. Of course, that means this site may become unbearable.

He didn't turn the job down. If I remember correctly, he removed himself from candidacy because of the silly nature of the hiring process.
Correct. TC would have run as quickly as he could to take the SJU job. And I think Slick Rick has been angling for it since he came back into the area. Let’s hope MA has a great year and ends any speculation whatsoever. He holds the cards. Any success this year no doubt means he gets locked up and finished his career here.

He didn't turn the job down. If I remember correctly, he removed himself from candidacy because of the silly nature of the hiring process.
Oh, sorry, he turned it down before it was even offered. That makes me feel better....not. No thank you, move on.

Last edited:
Back