Practice Tidbits

We know, especially under CMA, who starts is not of substantial consequence. That said, I am guessing Mike will go with a 10 man rotation with the least experienced players (King, Drissa, Keita) having the most difficult time breaking in. King is turning heads early so I can see him being the next man up should we experience an injury, or if a player enters CMA's dog house -which does happen (i.e. Soriano and Smith last year).

Last edited:
We know, especially under CMA, who starts is not of substantial consequence. That said, I am guessing Mike will go with a 10 man rotation with the least experienced players (King, Drissa, Keita) having the most difficult time breaking in. King is turning heads early so I can see him being the next man up should we experience an injury, or if a player enters CMA's dog house -which does happen (i.e. Soriano and Smith last year).
Curbelo 28
Posh 30
Jones 28
Soriano 25

Stanley & Nyiwe -25 ish

Wusu, MM, Pinzon & Storr - 65 ish

Who ever separates themselves from the bottom two groups will get most of those allotments. Personally would set it at wusu 20 mins and 45 to split amongst the other 3 but I know most wouldn’t agree.

Curbelo 28
Posh 30
Jones 28
Soriano 25

Stanley & Nyiwe -25 ish

Wusu, MM, Pinzon & Storr - 65 ish

Who ever separates themselves from the bottom two groups will get most of those allotments. Personally would set it at wusu 20 mins and 45 to split amongst the other 3 but I know most wouldn’t agree.
The 50 min you have allocated to bigs I expect more like Soriano 22, Nyiwe 18 splitting time at the 5, and Stanley 12-14 Backing up jones at the 4.

The 50 min you have allocated to bigs I expect more like Soriano 22, Nyiwe 18 splitting time at the 5, and Stanley 12-14 Backing up jones at the 4.
As much as I like Nyiwe I hope Soriano has separated himself and gotten himself in good enough shape to demand 25 minutes at the 5. If Nyiwe were to establish himself as clearly ahead of Stanley, which I don’t see happening, he could get the 20-25 minutes backing up the 4/5.

As much as I like Nyiwe I hope Soriano has separated himself and gotten himself in good enough shape to demand 25 minutes at the 5. If Nyiwe were to establish himself as clearly ahead of Stanley, which I don’t see happening, he could get the 20-25 minutes backing up the 4/5.
I think Nywie is extremely underrated. He can do things that a lot of the smaller guys can’t as well. Nywie isn’t a 5 really, but can fill in at plenty of different spots to grab time. We are deep but I think Nywie has the skill set to earn his time. Stanley needs to step up abs show he can be more consistent out there.

I think Nywie is extremely underrated. He can do things that a lot of the smaller guys can’t as well. Nywie isn’t a 5 really, but can fill in at plenty of different spots to grab time. We are deep but I think Nywie has the skill set to earn his time. Stanley needs to step up abs show he can be more consistent out there.
This is exactly the same case for Nyiwe.

I like Nyiwe. If anything I think he’s getting closer to overrated than underrated though at this point.

Always fun to try to guess how playing time will shake out but after the top 3 or 4 guys a lot will depend on work guys have put in during off season and how quickly frosh are ready.
Without the benefit of seeing any practices or the games in DR, I'd put guys in buckets as to playing time;

Top 3 - Posh, Curbelo & Jones
Next - Soriano
Next - Wusu, Storr, Pinzon & Nyiwe
Next 3 - Mathis, Stanley & King
Spot minutes only - Traore & Keita

Again just a guess at this point and no reason guys from group 4 might not jump up and take time from guys in group 3.

DJ dropped a 40 piece in the scrimmage while Rothstein was there. Straight up killer. Gym Rat.

Mathis has been banged up and out of practice.

Wusu will start this year imo to start the year. Best returning shooter, and while Storr has some of the tools, he will have to learn how to play at this level.

Kolby King is forcing the staff to find him minutes. Tough tough kid.

IMHO, if King is unable to break the 10 man rotation, the Red Storm will definitely be putting on their dancing shoes in March because I like the little I have seen of this kid.

It's been said that if a dog will bite he will do it as a pup. I think this pup just might bite.

Back