Practice Tidbits

Improving the foot speed that Pinzon lacks takes years and some just never get it no matter how much they work on it. I would love to see improvement in this area for him, but not holding my breath.
Agree to large extent however it always seemed slow Duke guards did a pretty good job of staying in front of quicker guards by getting low in their stance and having correct footwork because coach K emphasized it. Rarely have seen St John’s guards be able to stay in front of their man in the 50 years I have been a fan.

Agree to large extent however it always seemed slow Duke guards did a pretty good job of staying in front of quicker guards by getting low in their stance and having correct footwork because coach K emphasized it. Rarely have seen St John’s guards be able to stay in front of their man in the 50 years I have been a fan.
We are holding you personally responsible if Pinzon starts slapping the floor.

Improving the foot speed that Pinzon lacks takes years and some just never get it no matter how much they work on it. I would love to see improvement in this area for him, but not holding my breath.
Guys learn how to play defence without having great foot speed. Everyone on this site gonna think larry bird.

I saw Bob Kelly stay in front of his Man once .. But , that was negated by the next play and the one after that ..

Guys learn how to play defence without having great foot speed. Everyone on this site gonna think larry bird.

Of course there’s other things that go in to good defense (length, hips and good overall technique). But you’ll typically see the better athletes and quicker guys are the better defenders.

I am really pulling for Curbelo. He had a really tough year when he was on the court and I am guessing off the court as well. It may not go as we want but I hope he can perform up to his ability and the fans cut him some slack.

Back