Podcasts and Videos ……

With the announcement of an exhibition game at Rutgers this coming October, here are some lowlights from our last charity game at the RAC in 2017

Eye on college basketball pod just did their off season wrap up for us. Havnt listened yet

2nd year in a row I'm wildly disappointed in their season preview of us. I listen to their podcast religiously and they clearly don't know a thing about our roster or what's going on with the program. Even on a surface level. 20 of 28 mins felt like it was spent on the stupid robbery.

2nd year in a row I'm wildly disappointed in their season preview of us. I listen to their podcast religiously and they clearly don't know a thing about our roster or what's going on with the program. Even on a surface level. 20 of 28 mins felt like it was spent on the stupid robbery.
and the rest was basically clowning around. Total waste of time lucky I was doing other things while I had it on.

Good Morning Red Storm Fans…decided to fire up the mic for a quick summer episode as practice is officially underway. This episode is a stream on consciousness on my thoughts heading into the season. Some of the main bullet points on my mind as we get ready for year 2 with Rick Pitino. Expectations. Some bold statements and more.

Good Morning Red Storm Fans…decided to fire up the mic for a quick summer episode as practice is officially underway. This episode is a stream on consciousness on my thoughts heading into the season. Some of the main bullet points on my mind as we get ready for year 2 with Rick Pitino. Expectations. Some bold statements and more.

I’ve always been fascinated by the athleticism of Zuby, and given his ability to be coached, I thought that Pitino can coach him into a spectacular player. During the podcast it was mentioned that Zuby has a nice three point shot and could be the most improved player on the team based on the videos he’s seen. Anyone know how we can get access to the same videos. Would love to see his development.

I’ve always been fascinated by the athleticism of Zuby, and given his ability to be coached, I thought that Pitino can coach him into a spectacular player. During the podcast it was mentioned that Zuby has a nice three point shot and could be the most improved player on the team based on the videos he’s seen. Anyone know how we can get access to the same videos. Would love to see his development.
These were videos sent to me by a source who has been around him this summer through workouts. Unfortunately not public, nor can I share. Just have to hope the old adage "the work will show" will indeed show

These were videos sent to me by a source who has been around him this summer through workouts. Unfortunately not public, nor can I share. Just have to hope the old adage "the work will show" will indeed show

Thank you. Was good to hear your podcast. I’m psyched up for the season too!

Two things....

1. You can't compare Pitino second year at other programs with this years team. In those programs, coach had many returnees that he had a chance to develop.

2. Last year we heard the same story, we had the second highest scorer in nation. We had Chris Ludlum, we had all these other transfers, Joel Soriano, highly rated Witcher and of course, the master, coach Pitino.etc etc etc, And then we lost to Pace in an exhibition, blown out by a terrible Michigan team and a poor loss against Dayton. And yet Dave, you made some bold predictions prior to last year as well.

We were then told that with all these new players the team needed time to jell. Well are there not new faces and an entire new back court this year as well? And this year, the early schedule is even more challenging with the likes of Baylor, Tennessee or UVA and even Georgia early on. And what St. Johns fans learned last year was that early season losses will come back to haunt you come tourney time.

I would advise all Johnny fans to approach the season with hope but hold your enthusiasm till we beat a Baylor, Tennessee etc. If we come away with 2 out of 3 wins in the Bahamas, that would be encouraging, if not, that may not bode well for the rest off the season. Here's hoping we finally have a season that will not end in disappointment as so many in the past.

Two things....

1. You can't compare Pitino second year at other programs with this years team. In those programs, coach had many returnees that he had a chance to develop.

2. Last year we heard the same story, we had the second highest scorer in nation. We had Chris Ludlum, we had all these other transfers, Joel Soriano, highly rated Witcher and of course, the master, coach Pitino.etc etc etc, And then we lost to Pace in an exhibition, blown out by a terrible Michigan team and a poor loss against Dayton. And yet Dave, you made some bold predictions prior to last year as well.

We were then told that with all these new players the team needed time to jell. Well are there not new faces and an entire new back court this year as well? And this year, the early schedule is even more challenging with the likes of Baylor, Tennessee or UVA and even Georgia early on. And what St. Johns fans learned last year was that early season losses will come back to haunt you come tourney time.

I would advise all Johnny fans to approach the season with hope but hold your enthusiasm till we beat a Baylor, Tennessee etc. If we come away with 2 out of 3 wins in the Bahamas, that would be encouraging, if not, that may not bode well for the rest off the season. Here's hoping we finally have a season that will not end in disappointment as so many in the past.
As with last year, too many here confuse individual talent and team success; it just doesn’t work that way. Blasphemy maybe, but Pitino was far from a HOF coach last year, so, like I cautioned last preseason, I would wait until the team plays a few games before hoisting the banners. Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry………..

Back