Podcasts and Videos ……

St. John’s and Rick Pitino stepped up to the plate and went back to back, landing two home run guards in Deivon Smith and Kadary Richmond. I’m joined by Bryan DeNovellis who covers Seton Hall as well as other NJ, NY and CT teams & our beat writer Zach Braziller to discuss both guards, the fit, roster outlook and expectations

great podcast as usual, Dave!

St. John’s and Rick Pitino stepped up to the plate and went back to back, landing two home run guards in Deivon Smith and Kadary Richmond. I’m joined by Bryan DeNovellis who covers Seton Hall as well as other NJ, NY and CT teams & our beat writer Zach Braziller to discuss both guards, the fit, roster outlook and expectations

Great job Dave!

Over 40 years, Ron Linfonte took care of the just about every athlete who played on Union and Utopia. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone who has witnessed more St. John’s greatness. How do you pack four decades into one episode? You can’t, so we won’t.

Spread out over three episodes Ron joins me to tell story after story. His first hand account walking side by side with titans of our program.

On part one we start with his beginnings, Coach Looie, Chris Mullin, The 1984-85 season, the Final Four, Georgetown, Walter Berry, Bill Wennington, and the less discussed 1985-1986 season.

Come for the history lessons, stay to relive the glory days! Hope you enjoy

Thanks SJUDave & AH!!

Funny, just other day after AH posted a story, I posted he should write a book!! Podcast just as good...lol

Halfway thru this one.

AH likely wouldn't remember me, but I remember going into his training room or him at practices and games the year I served as baseball team manager under Coach Russo...'94-'95, the year they represented US in the Pan-Am Games. Then also did some office admin stuff a bit around Alumni Hall.

Everyone knew Ron. I've got a co worker about 10-12 years younger than me who was a captain of lacrosse team and he would always talk about Ron & his staff treattng him & his teammates.

Ron Linfonte returns to The Eye on the Storm podcast as we continue to weave our way through his legendary journey of St. John's basketball. In part two, we discuss the great Malik Sealy, the forgotten about 1990-1991 Elite Eight team, Fran Fraschilla's acumen and what he was building at St. John's, Mike Jarvis reassembling what Ron calls "the Beatles part two," and of course like only he can tell it, the absolutely legendary first hand account of being with the USA Select Team that beat the Dream Team in 1992.

I hope you enjoy!!

Our guy Alumni Hall graciously sent me a bunch of pictures that I spliced into his story telling, along with a few others on the internet.

Here's Ron Linfonte telling the story of how he witnessed the USA Select Team BEAT the Legendary Dream Team in 1992

Thank you Dave. What great fun to hear the stories and the behind the scenes goings on.
When does the book come out? :unsure:

Thank you Dave. What great fun to hear the stories and the behind the scenes goings on.
When does the book come out? :unsure:
So many stories to pack into each session…we cannot cover all of them…our 1982 Big East All Star trip to Yugoslavia coached by Lou and watching a young Drazen Petrovic there, our 1982 State Department basketball trip to Angola Africa during the war there being guarded by CUBAN and Russian troops, also coached by Lou, and the numerous other SJU trips to Europe including the ‘86 team tour accompanied by Rollie Massimino and Jimmy Valvano! Jay Z and President Clinton being in our locker room after a Garden game.

Brandon Tierney WAS going to ghost write my book of my 45 years as an athletic trainer in pro baseball, pro basketball and SJU. “From the End of the Bench”image0-28_Original.jpeg

Last edited:
So many stories to pack into each session…we cannot cover all of them…our 1982 Big East All Star trip to Yugoslavia coached by Lou and watching a young Drazen Petrovic there, our 1982 State Department basketball trip to Angola Africa during the war there being guarded by CUBAN and Russian troops, also coached by Lou, and the numerous other SJU trips to Europe including the ‘86 team tour accompanied by Rollie Massimino and Jimmy Valvano! Jay Z and President Clinton being in our locker room after a Garden game.

Brandon Tierney WAS going to ghost write my book of my 45 years as an athletic trainer in pro baseball, pro basketball and SJU. “From the End of the Bench”View attachment 3019
Ron, please seriously consider getting that book done. You are a great storyteller, and I want to place my order NOW. (Signed, of course. :))

Back