Our recruiting for next year

Yeah...NYMag really knows their stuff. Look at the comments following. Also, writer ends with a link about how "Long Island" basketball is doing well, then link takes you to LIU vs. St. Francis boxscore. Both Brooklyn schools. Thanks, but I'll stick with NYMag for restaurant reviews.

For those unaware the writer, Will Leitch, is an ex-head of Deadspin. He's snarky and confrontational. That's what Deadspin does, and they do it well, and he's maintained that persona obviously. It's not about simply stating facts but sensationalizing them. That's the Deadspin way. I like Deadspin and visit it daily but only for the comedy and innuendo. Not for its journalistic integrity.

Why the hell is Will writing about STJ?

He's been writring for NY Magazine for a while as a sports "reporter" or columnist or blogger or something or other.

Isn' that like a demotion?

I'm well aware that it's probably a pipe dream, but I wonder if the coaching staff has reached out to Nerlens Noel at all. Based on the schools linked to him, he is probably out of our league. But nobody could offer him the kind of immediate playing time that St. John's can offer.

Again, it's probably a dream but it would be interesting if SJU at least reached out to him on it.

I'm well aware that it's probably a pipe dream, but I wonder if the coaching staff has reached out to Nerlens Noel at all. Based on the schools linked to him, he is probably out of our league. But nobody could offer him the kind of immediate playing time that St. John's can offer.

Again, it's probably a dream but it would be interesting if SJU at least reached out to him on it.

While i agree with we should have reached out to Nerlens.. We can't offer him any more playing time than he could receive at another school. He is an instant starter and difference maker the second he steps on a college basketball floor.

davon marshall would be a great additon!! the kid is a flat out scorer, i know this may be a bold statement but he reminds me of a slightly smaller dwight hardy!! the kid would be a great fit with harrison, shoots it well from anywhere on the court plus he is tough as hell!!

Alex Kline@TheRecruitScoop

Close

RT @JucoRecruiting: Davon Marshall of Monroe College (NY) has given a verbal commitment to Liberty.

6:53 PM - 12 Feb 12

davon marshall would be a great additon!! the kid is a flat out scorer, i know this may be a bold statement but he reminds me of a slightly smaller dwight hardy!! the kid would be a great fit with harrison, shoots it well from anywhere on the court plus he is tough as hell!!

Close

RT @JucoRecruiting: Davon Marshall of Monroe College (NY) has given a verbal commitment to Liberty.

Lol, looks like my guess was wrong...

Close

We never recruited him. At all.

Close

I figured. I just took a shot in the dark because Marillac had talked about him a bit lately.

Close

I figured. I just took a shot in the dark because Marillac had talked about him a bit lately.

Coach never even looked at him. If I was a coach, I would have him on the end of my bench. I can't believe Iona and Fordham weren't all over this kid. The kid can shoot like no other...5'11 (at best) or not. There's no school in the country with a better last scholarship kid than him.

Also, how annoying is Alex Kline? All he does is tweet old news. That kid needs to be shoved into a locker...someone should tell him that Bernie Fine isn't on the bench at Syracuse, so he should rethink his decision to attend that school. Obviously sitting a Bernie's lap was the big draw for that tool.

Also, how annoying is Alex Kline? All he does is tweet old news. That kid needs to be shoved into a locker...someone should tell him that Bernie Fine isn't on the bench at Syracuse, so he should rethink his decision to attend that school. Obviously sitting a Bernie's lap was the big draw for that tool.

Tell us how you really feel, marillac. Btw - what happened to that commit you were predicting?

LOL.

Marillac:  Heard you predicted a commit coming from this weekends recruiting trip. Any word on that? Still expecting one? I sure hope we land one soon. 

Back