NY FOOTBALL GIANTS ‘23-‘24

before Daboll could fire him, Wink was forced into this after Daboll fired his 2 assistants
They had their own difficulties. I think one of the coaches fired was the Special Teams coach, not a defensive coach.

Shrewd business by Schoen. Wink can't go anywhere else without the Giants getting compensation likely.

Daboll worries me. On the outside he seems all nice but seems like he's tough to get along with.

Shrewd business by Schoen. Wink can't go anywhere else without the Giants getting compensation likely.

Daboll worries me. On the outside he seems all nice but seems like he's tough to get along with.
Parcells was hardly a ray of sunshine either. George Young nearly fired Parcells after his first season when he went 3-12-1 and picked Scott Bruner to start over Simms at QB, which nearly caused a mutiny.

I understand what you are saying, but I am not too concerned about Daboll’s personality, especially since this is being highlighted after Wink’s resignation. I am eager to see who replaces Wink of course. Hopefully it isn’t Frazier which would be uninspiring, while Patricia and and Graham are a big no for me.

They fired both Wilkins’s, one as been Wink’s assistant for 10+ years and another a brother
Who's brother?

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Giants' offseason got off to a newsy start with the dismissal of two assistant coaches from Brian Daboll's staff.
Special teams coordinator Thomas McGaughey and offensive line coach Bobby Johnson will not return in 2024. They join the previously announced departures of running backs coach Jeff Nixon (who will be the offensive coordinator at Syracuse University) and director of strength and performance Craig Fitzgerald (who started today in the same position at the University of Florida).
McGaughey just completed his sixth season coaching the Giants' special teams. It was his second stint with the team and one in which he worked for three different head coaches. From 2007-10, McGaughey was the assistant special teams coach.
Johnson came to the Giants with Daboll two years ago. He was the Buffalo Bills' O-line coach from 2019-21, when Daboll was the team's offensive coordinator.

Parcells was hardly a ray of sunshine either. George Young nearly fired Parcells after his first season when he went 3-12-1 and picked Scott Bruner to start over Simms at QB, which nearly caused a mutiny.

I understand what you are saying, but I am not too concerned about Daboll’s personality, especially since this is being highlighted after Wink’s resignation. I am eager to see who replaces Wink of course. Hopefully it isn’t Frazier which would be uninspiring, while Patricia and and Graham are a big no for me.
Hiring Patricia would be an absolute disaster.

So, the owner
Harry Truman would agree with that, "the buck stops here". Let Tisch go back to Hollywood and Mara go back to practicing law. Both are Legacy Children who got what they have from powerful parents. They obviously ain't picking great knowledgeable football people to run things. They have proceeds from a league media contract and a sold out stadium so what do they care. Same situation as Dolan another legacy baby

Pat Leonard is a first class sh*t stirring, hack, douche . His “sources” are Wink and the Wilkins.

It was a hit job piece. Do I think Daboll is a pain to work with? No. But then again, so were Parcells and Coughlin. They treated players and staff like crap too sometimes. It happens.

And football is one of those places where you are imploding your team to rip an opponent’s head off, and then suddenly pivot to tipping your hat to say “thank you.” Doesn’t excuse it. It is what it is.

They had a bad season, and Wink went over Daboll’s head in press to leak locker room information that was supposed to stay inside. Would it be crazy to say that Jay Glazer’s source of how Wink was on his way out was Wink/Winkins.

Wink wanted out to see what else was out there, especially a head coaching gig, but he had another year on his contract.

So Daboll first fired his lackey Winkins, and played hardball by basically telling Wink to make the next move by resigning. Wink could have quit, but that would have left him without money and options.

Wink learned well from the sniveling Rex Ryan coaching tree.

Anyway, I enjoyed the playoff weekend because Dallas and Philadelphia both lost.

Maybe Daboll needs the same talk Tom Coughlin had with the players, years back.

The weird thing is that it seems like the players like Daboll. It's just that he sounds like a horrible boss to his other coaches.

Went for walk so was listening to sports talk radio few hours ago. The topic being discussed by the host and former Giant Brandon Jacob’s was whether Jacob’s assertion that the Buffalo Bills 4 straight trips to the Super Bowl all of which were losing efforts should be considered a dynasty. IMO no you have to win a couple of those.

Went for walk so was listening to sports talk radio few hours ago. The topic being discussed by the host and former Giant Brandon Jacob’s was whether Jacob’s assertion that the Buffalo Bills 4 straight trips to the Super Bowl all of which were losing efforts should be considered a dynasty. IMO no you have to win a couple of those.
Conference dynasty 😁

Like the 1990s Atlanta Braves—The team of the decade.
Until the met the team of the century—NY Yankees.

His comments were “wide right.”

Back