Mike Anderson - Former Coach

Funny how no one is talking about the potential lawsuit or firing for cause today...LOL

I sure hope Pitino does not get word of it, he may resign....LOL
this is weird. I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove.

it's almost like an infinitely more exciting topic came along about the program that made everyone stop focusing on this?... that kind of stuff never happens in the modern new cycle s/

Are you insinuating because this CMA thing isn't being talked about, that the people who were upset about it yesterday were inherently wrong?

Because I disagree. Still don't like this piece of what happened the past week. Us all talking about the Pitino press conference is obvi more of a focus today, but I still don't like this part of the outcome

this is weird. I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove.

it's almost like an infinitely more exciting topic came along about the program that made everyone stop focusing on this?... that kind of stuff never happens in the modern new cycle s/

Are you insinuating because this CMA thing isn't being talked about, that the people who were upset about it yesterday were inherently wrong?

Because I disagree. Still don't like this piece of what happened the past week. Us all talking about the Pitino press conference is obvi more of a focus today, but I still don't like this part of the outcome
Jesus I was repeatedly told that it DOES matter and that I was DELUSIONAL to think it would NOT matter.

I was told that it made SJU look small time even though bigger schools did it all the time.

I never said the merits were all on SJU's side I simply said it is not that big a deal that in the end they will settle and that it would have no bearing on Pitino and the future of SJU.

You seem to be taking a particular interest in my my posts lately BTW...

I am stunned by what has come out about our players. It was so dysfunctional behind the scenes only 2 players were given recommendations to Pitino. How did mike anderson let this happen?

I thought mike was a respected veteran who at minimum would run a tight ship and demand the respect of his players. I knew he wasnt the greatest coach but leadership I never questioned.

These kids walked all over him and ran amok behind the scenes. How did a 20 plus year veteran coach let the inmates run the asylum?

Jesus I was repeatedly told that it DOES matter and that I was DELUSIONAL to think it would NOT matter.

I was told that it made SJU look small time even though bigger schools did it all the time.

I never said the merits were all on SJU's side I simply said it is not that big a deal that in the end they will settle and that it would have no bearing on Pitino and the future of SJU.

You seem to be taking a particular interest in my my posts lately BTW...
Sure sure sure people panicked and thought it would get in the way of getting Pitino and they were wrong. I get taking a victory lap over that. You nailed that part of it.

But I still don't think the right response is to just dismiss it and throw it away and laugh about it because everyone is talking about Pitino today. That didn't seem fair to me.

And for your last sentence, if I disagree with a take or opinion I will say so. That's kinda how it goes on this site. If you feel like I've focused on you it's probably cause you've said multiple things I disagree with lately. That'll happen sometimes. Exclusive from that, Appreciate your insight on the program and information you provide nonetheless. And topics you generate, even if you say things I disagree with I often can see why'd you take your stance. So it's not any animosity from my side

Sure sure sure people panicked and thought it would get in the way of getting Pitino and they were wrong. I get taking a victory lap over that. You nailed that part of it.

But I still don't think the right response is to just dismiss it and throw it away and laugh about it because everyone is talking about Pitino today. That didn't seem fair to me.

And for your last sentence, if I disagree with a take or opinion I will say so. That's kinda how it goes on this site. If you feel like I've focused on you it's probably cause you've said multiple things I disagree with lately. That'll happen sometimes. Exclusive from that, Appreciate your insight on the program and information you provide nonetheless. And topics you generate, even if you say things I disagree with I often can see why'd you take your stance. So it's not any animosity from my side
Congratulations...have a good day.

Lots of stuff coming out about character as well as academics. Where is the academic stuff coming from. During CMA four years here never heard of a player being academically ineligible. Not sure of specifics today but in old days if you didn’t have a 2.0 for the year you were ineligible to compete the entire next year

I don’t think there is a school in the whole country that would suspend a player for grades. That is a thing of the past.

Pitino jettisoning most of the roster for poor "character" development helps fit SJU's "for cause" argument.
i was thinking this same thing! lol... Shanley promised Rick contract incentives (CMA buyout) should he spread that narrative!

Tin Foil hat back in the closet now... carry on

Pitino jettisoning most of the roster for poor "character" development helps fit SJU's "for cause" argument.
Interesting take but during the press conference Pitino went out of the way to praise Mike Anderson as a coach and a person and that would be something that Anderson's employment lawyer might use as proof that the SJU firing for cause has no merit.

Last edited:
Grade and credit hour eligibility is not a thing of the past. I know as until two years ago I coached at Division I. There are NCAA minimum requirements for credits per year as well as GPA. A school can also require a higher GPA. If a student falls below NCAA requirements they can not compete There are also graduation rate requirements for all schools Not once over the past four years have I heard of any if CMA athletes being academically ineligible

Interesting take but during the press conference Pitino went out of the way to praise Mike Anderson as a coach and a person and that would be something that Anderson's employment lawyer might use as proof that the SJU firing for cause had no merit.
Or just typical coach speak among a small fraternity.

All BE coaches thought Norm was amazing. They should have been institutionalized after saying what they said.

Reading some of these posts reminds me of kindergarten . Seriously who cares ma is yesterdays news and just a money thing. Beside ma and mrs ma nobody cares !! Let's move on

Back