Mets 2024 Season

Peterson is another guy I like in that #5/swing starter role. With how often pitchers get injured, we need as much backend depth as possible.

The Mets just can’t afford to have guys going out there and getting crushed at the end of the rotation like Houser has been lately. You don’t give your team a chance.
He also has almost no upside and limited experience in the bullpen. Even the kid Christian Scott may deserve a chance at some point this summer

Blade Tidwell off to a great start in AA Binghamton. 1.23 ERA in 5 starts with 9 strikeouts or more in 3 of his last 4 games.

Mike Vasil really struggling in AAA Syracuse with an era over 10. Dominic Hamel struggling in AAA as well. Disappointing.

Nolan McCLean and Jonah Tong are two exciting pitchers to keep an eye on in A+ Brooklyn. Brandon Sproat as well. Suddenly some high-end potential in the organization.

Luis Acuna and Gilbert have been very average in AAA. Kevin Parada creeping into that potential bust category batting only .167 in AA in his age 23 season. He hit .186 in the Arizona Fall League and .185 in AA last season.

My guy, Jett Williams, struggling in AA with a .180 average but has a .360 OBP after missing 11 games. I know he'll turn it around.

Alex Ramirez, still just 21, is hitting .296 with 13 steals. Not a lot of power now, but rocket arm in center.

Blade Tidwell off to a great start in AA Binghamton. 1.23 ERA in 5 starts with 9 strikeouts or more in 3 of his last 4 games.

Mike Vasil really struggling in AAA Syracuse with an era over 10. Dominic Hamel struggling in AAA as well. Disappointing.

Nolan McCLean and Jonah Tong are two exciting pitchers to keep an eye on in A+ Brooklyn. Brandon Sproat as well. Suddenly some high-end potential in the organization.

Luis Acuna and Gilbert have been very average in AAA. Kevin Parada creeping into that potential bust category batting only .167 in AA in his age 23 season. He hit .186 in the Arizona Fall League and .185 in AA last season.

My guy, Jett Williams, struggling in AA with a .180 average but has a .360 OBP after missing 11 games. I know he'll turn it around.

Alex Ramirez, still just 21, is hitting .296 with 13 steals. Not a lot of power now, but rocket arm in center.
Gilbert is also hurt. Both Williams and Gilbert are expected back by late May.

If your hand is wrapped around the basketball 🏀 and a defender slaps down on it it is not a foul as the hand is considered part of the ball. Why in baseball ⚾️ are your hands wrapped around the bat not considered part of the bat if a pitched ball hits your hand especially on a check swing. If it hits the bat just above your hand it should be the same as it would have hit the bat if your hand wasn’t wrapped around it.
PS cost Mets win in 9 innings now in extra innings.

If your hand is wrapped around the basketball 🏀 and a defender slaps down on it it is not a foul as the hand is considered part of the ball. Why in baseball ⚾️ are your hands wrapped around the bat not considered part of the bat if a pitched ball hits your hand especially on a check swing. If it hits the bat just above your hand it should be the same as it would have hit the bat if your hand wasn’t wrapped around it.
PS cost Mets win in 9 innings now in extra innings.
I thought the slo-mo replay shown after the fact on SNY pretty clearly showed the ball hit the knob of the bat. Between that and the ridiculous call by the 1st base ump on the check swing “swing” for ball 4 to load the bases just reinforced my hatred of replay. One you can’t review and the other you still get it wrong. Having said that, the Mets still sure know how to beat themselves.
My boy, Baty, once again has a ridiculous at bat with men on base; loaded no outs, takes two very hittable strikes and then swings at a pitch at his ankles. Followed by the next two hitters also striking out. Set it up for Diaz to Reid-Foley to not get it done.

Sorry guys, but this is a team of mostly losers who fail when it matters most. Falls in line, for the most part, with the other 60 years. Cohen is a lot better than Wilpon but that bar was awfully low. Too many people involved with the club, and this includes a large part of the fan base, celebrate mediocrity.

Sorry guys, but this is a team of mostly losers who fail when it matters most. Falls in line, for the most part, with the other 60 years. Cohen is a lot better than Wilpon but that bar was awfully low. Too many people involved with the club, and this includes a large part of the fan base, celebrate mediocrity.
The bottom line is that the Mets spent the off-season nibbling at fringe players. They didn’t do nearly enough to address the offense.

They have gotten lucky on a couple of signings so far. Severino and Manaea have been good. Of course, Houser has been a disaster and yet they will roll him out again on Wednesday to take a beating in Philly. They also LEAD MLB with the MOST Walks rendered in baseball. Major problem.

They won’t admit it but Cohen is letting some of his losses clear off the books this season. (Verlander, Scherzer etc) JD Martinez was a good signing but they got him on the cheap. They essentially “punted” while lying about doing it. No doubt they will be dumping at the trading deadline. (Alonso?, Martinez, McNeil, Marte) I don’t agree with their approach but I do think this is what they are doing. I sure won’t be paying TOP dollar ($40 parking anyone?) for watching a sub par team.

Yesterday was the worst loss of the season. If they win they would have split the first four games against the Braves and Phillies and got back to .500. Honestly that was the best I could have hoped for given the schedule and the talent on the team. The only good thing is that I enjoy going to game and being in Queens it is convenient so losing keeps the aftermarket ticket prices down. I will choose to go to a couple of starts that Christian Scott makes and try to avoid games Houser pitches in.

Diaz still not to level he pitched in 2022 thanks to injury in "World Championships" last year which meant absolutely nothing. He has now thrown more home runs than he did in all of season in 2022.

The bottom line is that the Mets spent the off-season nibbling at fringe players. They didn’t do nearly enough to address the offense.

They have gotten lucky on a couple of signings so far. Severino and Manaea have been good. Of course, Houser has been a disaster and yet they will roll him out again on Wednesday to take a beating in Philly. They also LEAD MLB with the MOST Walks rendered in baseball. Major problem.

They won’t admit it but Cohen is letting some of his losses clear off the books this season. (Verlander, Scherzer etc) JD Martinez was a good signing but they got him on the cheap. They essentially “punted” while lying about doing it. No doubt they will be dumping at the trading deadline. (Alonso?, Martinez, McNeil, Marte) I don’t agree with their approach but I do think this is what they are doing. I sure won’t be paying TOP dollar ($40 parking anyone?) for watching a sub par team.
I’d like to know what Lucchesi did to management to get no call ups at all.

There’s so much dead weight on this team, it’s not funny.

Back