Marquette (MSG), Sat., Jan. 20, 12 Noon, FOX

Wilcher has to be more decisive, less dribbling and shoot more. He has a gear no one else on the team has with speed and being able to take a defender off the dribble but he tends to over dribble. Pull up kid shoot it when you got the look!

I think he could see some more minutes but Marquette's HAVOC defense is a tough test for sure.

But good news is Chase Ross is out for Marquette who is arguably their best defender.
Itā€™s funny how people see things differently. You are not the only one who has referenced wilcher as being super quick or the quickest guy on the team. I donā€™t see that lightning quickness that some have noted, but am still very high on him. I think he does play fast but I donā€™t think in the half court he stands out as super quick. I think he will be much more ā€œskillā€ than ā€œathleteā€ when itā€™s said and done in college.

Kolek is the reigning BE POY. He makes Marquette the team it is . Heā€™s a lot to handle and how well we defend him , will impact the results of the game .

We need a big game from Soriano too .
Kolek was the POY when he and his team beat St. Johnā€™s in the Big East Tournament by a basket last year. He was the BE POY when Marquette lost their last 2 road games this year. He has been inconsistent this year and Marquette is very beatable on the road, as are most BE teams.

Nice to finally have real meaningful games to play in mid January.

Like SHU, Marquette is a team that is going to collapse into the lane and allow teams to shoot 3s over the top of em. Guys like Dunlap, Taylor, Ledlum are going to have to make some 3s. Aside from this it's a decent matchup for us. They shouldn't be able to exploit our weaknesses on the defensive glass or fouling too much and we should be able to grab our fair share of offensive rebounds against them.

Interested to see if they play Ben Gold much without Ighodaro to force Soriano to guard out by the perimeter. He's one of the few bigs int he league that can shoot though he's 0-10 in his past 4 games so he'll probably go 3-3 in the first half tomorrow.

Also interested to see the minute split between Joel and Zuby tomorrow. Guessing it'll be closer to 26-14 than the 34-6 it's been most of the season

Kolek was the POY when he and his team beat St. Johnā€™s in the Big East Tournament by a basket last year. He was the BE POY when Marquette lost their last 2 road games this year. He has been inconsistent this year and Marquette is very beatable on the road, as are most BE teams.
Wow ! No love from you with Kolek . On the other hand , there is not a team in the BE that wouldnā€™t want him as a player .

Including St Johnā€™s especially .

Back