LIU, Tues, Nov. 29, 6:30p, FS-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The announcer on the broadcast a couple of games ago said that no one is going to look forward to playing this team. They have a tendency to wear you out with their intense style of play. They may turn the ball over but they also force a lot of mistakes. This should be a fun year with a few surprises.
I go back and forth enjoy watching to hating watching them possession to possession

It’s not the spread , it’s because we didn’t win by 10 or more points. This is what I’ve been saying. If you schedule these cupcakes you better win these games by 10 or more points otherwise even a win hurts your ranking.

As someone who has no idea - is it true the magic is 10 points? Is that the only score platueu? So a 0-9 pt win one level of benefit, and a 10-100 point win is the same?

I will trust you as I have no idea, I just have seen our rankings blip more when we put a team to the woodshed then when we scrape by. The 10 point margin would explain it.

Fred Burton from legendary Francis Lewis High School ain’t walking through the door.
Charles Jones form Bishop Ford will walk through the door but not as a player but as a Special Assistant to the Head Coach. Last time he walked in as a player, he, Smush Parker (Manhattan Center formerly Benjamin Franklin) and Campbell (forgot his first name) beat us at CA in front of a raucous visiting crowd and were the best team in the City going to the NCAAs that year and the next. They walked in that night with the attitude that they knew they were better than us. We waited until the trio left before we played them again. I hope any tales he as of that game doesn’t inspire his troops.

Charles Jones form Bishop Ford will walk through the door but not as a player but as a Special Assistant to the Head Coach. Last time he walked in as a player, he, Smush Parker (Manhattan Center formerly Benjamin Franklin) and Campbell (forgot his first name) beat us at CA in front of a raucous visiting crowd and were the best team in the City going to the NCAAs that year and the next. They walked in that night with the attitude that they knew they were better than us. We waited until the trio left before we played them again. I hope any tales he as of that game doesn’t inspire his troops.
When I was 14 and on the HS freshman team (CHSAA "C" at the time) we scrimmaged the Class A teams in the pre-season and one day Charles Jones did walk through our gym door with the Bishop Ford freshman team. This would have been November of 1989. Why he was only on the frosh team at the time I have no idea but Ford had some powerhouse squads in that Ray Nash era. Charles had 40 points at the half and I thought I was playing against the next Michael Jordan. Oh and the name above was Mike Campbell of LIU with Charles and Smush I recall.

Boo anyone from Prep. Holy Cross rules Francis Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back