LIU, Tues, Nov. 29, 6:30p, FS-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rod Strickland at the helm for LIU, with old friend Mo Hicks.

I guess, If he ever has reasonable success at LIU, the DePaul job would be his, at some point.
I would think at DePaul, success may not be their first priority. Hiring former players to coach is a trend and anything to garner any interest over there is fair game.

I’m curious moderators, why do the post game threads end up locked? Never understood it. Plenty of posters I’m sure get to it late and then they can’t partake after the fact or reply to posts/posters thoughts. Starting a new post game thread would seem to me like more clutter, not the opposite.

Just sharing my thoughts and appreciate all the work you guys do and the site Paul has continued to keep open for so long.

Didn’t these guys knock us off a few years ago when Mullin & Ponds were still here? I have no memory of the actual game but I’m getting phantom anxiety pains from some previous trauma that I’ve apparently buried deep inside.

Didn’t these guys knock us off a few years ago when Mullin & Ponds were still here? I have no memory of the actual game but I’m getting phantom anxiety pains from some previous trauma that I’ve apparently buried deep inside.

Last Matchup​

Dec. 11,2016 loss 74-73

I remember being there in disbelief , back in the day never lost those games

Wonder if they keep posh out for this and wait for the Iowa St game for him to come back.

Gotta say we are a lot more watchable when he’s playing
The Iowa State game is not an issue.......they are bigger and better......and it should be a loss, but we need Posh for the simple reason but to keep Curbelo from over-dominanting the ball on the offense. In the Niagara game he took 4 of the first 5 shots as if he had no teammates.

Coach Anderson is allowing way too much freelancing on this team. Against better teams our guys better share the ball more.

The Iowa State game is not an issue.......they are bigger and better......and it should be a loss, but we need Posh for the simple reason but to keep Curbelo from over-dominanting the ball on the offense. In the Niagara game he took 4 of the first 5 shots as if he had no teammates.

Coach Anderson is allowing way too much freelancing on this team. Against better teams our guys better share the ball more.
Lol we are a different team this year. Iowa St better be ready for a street fight. We’ll be ready my friend.

This team can match the level of whoever they play… it’s just about executing and doing it.

Y’all show too much respect to the opponent, and not enough respect to our guys.

We can play with anybody. Still super early.

Lol we are a different team this year. Iowa St better be ready for a street fight. We’ll be ready my friend.

This team can match the level of whoever they play… it’s just about executing and doing it.

Y’all show too much respect to the opponent, and not enough respect to our guys.

We can play with anybody. Still super early.
I think we should make the tournament in 8-9 game and think we should be in position to maybe win a game.
But not sure where “we can play with anyone” comes from at this point?
Cuse lost to Bryant

One of the worst teams in D1 this year
Does anyone out there remember Clair Bee, or did you read his books?

Mike might have read him the riot act. I thought it was almost nasty. Joel deserves respect, that guy has worked hard.

joe49 I was a super big reader of Clair Bee in grammar school. His young adult sports novels starring Chip Hilton come to mind. One had to be called "Buzzer Beater (or Basket)" if my old memory serves me correctly. I think Clair Bee wrote many such novels, always with a great moral theme and a little hokey.

Clair Bee besides being a very successful author was the coach at Long Island University during the hey day of NYC men's college Basketball. That is when Red Holzman (later Knicks legendary coach) played for CCNY, and NYU had national championship quality teams along with St. John's and LIU (maybe even Manhattan and Fordham, there may be others).

Now to present day. During the Looie years (and following) beating St. Francis, Bklyn, and beating LIU was practically a "given", then something happened and occasionally we started to lose to these to some of these local teams which were far inferior to the Johnnies. Didn't we lost to St. Francis and Fordham too?

Let's go back to the "old" ways, and not take any of these teams lightly and show them the St. John's way.

Another $150 to watch a great game. My 9 year old says to me during the game on Saturday "Dad St Johns plays a lot of bad teams this year"

We better schedule some better games or we lose the valuable 7-10 year old demographic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back