LIU, Tues, Nov. 29, 6:30p, FS-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another $150 to watch a great game. My 9 year old says to me during the game on Saturday "Dad St Johns plays a lot of bad teams this year"

We better schedule some better games or we lose the valuable 7-10 year old demographic.

What has Mo Hicks been doing the last seven years?
His resume stops at 2013.

joe49 I was a super big reader of Clair Bee in grammar school. His young adult sports novels starring Chip Hilton come to mind. One had to be called "Buzzer Beater (or Basket)" if my old memory serves me correctly. I think Clair Bee wrote many such novels, always with a great moral theme and a little hokey.

Clair Bee besides being a very successful author was the coach at Long Island University during the hey day of NYC men's college Basketball. That is when Red Holzman (later Knicks legendary coach) played for CCNY, and NYU had national championship quality teams along with St. John's and LIU (maybe even Manhattan and Fordham, there may be others).

Now to present day. During the Looie years (and following) beating St. Francis, Bklyn, and beating LIU was practically a "given", then something happened and occasionally we started to lose to these to some of these local teams which were far inferior to the Johnnies. Didn't we lost to St. Francis and Fordham too?

Let's go back to the "old" ways, and not take any of these teams lightly and show them the St. John's way.
St.Francis loss might have been when we named the court for louie. I know we lost to a stiff on louie's day. We lost at Fordham after having a huge lead and they stormed the court. That was Lavs first year and it was a beaut.11-5 in conf, with a bunch of road wins. Lost to cuse after beating rutgers. Almost beat cuse without dj. Before Fordham we had another terrible loss. After the fordham loss l thought the season was over. we have not had a better season since. Norm left steve a team that was loaded. We also beat conn. at the garden. After going (9-9 in conf. conn won the whole thing. I never wanted chew ears off. I'm going now

Didn’t these guys knock us off a few years ago when Mullin & Ponds were still here? I have no memory of the actual game but I’m getting phantom anxiety pains from some previous trauma that I’ve apparently buried deep inside.
Yes. at Barclays, 74-73.

Hopefully the guys can put this one well out of reach early - and we can see extended PT for Storr /King / Nywie / Keita.

Gonna need Nywie and Storr to be confident going into bigger matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back