Ledlum Struggles

Reading this, it doesn’t seem like a lot of people actually are pining for slazinski. Plus he plays a style/position that is actually an area of strength (the wing where Taylor, Luis, and alleyne would all challenge him for minutes). Ledlum was necessary because our front court is thin and slazinski wouldn’t have changed that.Also, a few people have mentioned his shooting, but slazinski and ledlum basically shoot the same % from deep so not sure where that’s coming from. Ledlum’s fg% is down because he’s struggling around the rim, which is why pitino wants him to take more 3s. If ledlum lived off 3s and putbacks he’d be a very efficient offensive player.
Ledlum’s three point stats jumped significantly after the Utah game. If he’s a 44% three-point shooter come March then we are winning games in the tournament! QS also shooting 44% on 6.3 attempts…that likely falls too.

Ledlum has a good looking shot. I want him taking open looks all game, but he has to realize that Dingle and Alleyne shots are better. If we get to 10-15 seconds on the shot clock, then fire away.

If you rewatch the very start of the Michigan game he took two to treys in the opening 5 possessions. The first was a forced catch and shoot and the second was perfect…wide open, no rush.

I don't remember which poster said Ledlum is a 3 on offense and a 4 on defense but man was that spot on.
He is clearly not a 30 minute cornerstone guy but he's a valuable piece and a leader. A good guy to have to bridge the gap to next year.
Your’s truly.

All those Celtics that New Yorkers have forgoten--Larry Bird, Cousy, the Jones boys (Sam and KC), McHale and my favorite Tommy Heinsohn. In the early years, the NBA had a draft and a territorial draft pick--Celts had a lock on Cousy and Heinsohn as Holy Cross was in their territory. Tommy seemed to be the first in low cut Cons; In his 9 season career in the NBA finals 9 times/winning 8 (only Russ and sam have more rings). The celtics on late 50's to mid 60's were a thing of beauty to watch
Actually Cousy started with the Chicago Stags. The Stags couldn’t make it financially there was a dispersal draft. Knicks selected Max Zaslofsky and that’s how Cousy ended up with the Celtics.

Actually Cousy started with the Chicago Stags. The Stags couldn’t make it financially there was a dispersal draft. Knicks selected Max Zaslofsky and that’s how Cousy ended up with the Celtics.
Max finally ended up with the Knicks, a few years down the road.
The best and shrewdest deal the Celts ever made is how they
manipulated into getting, Bill Russell.
Another tidbit, for all of us Brooklyn boys.

Bill Sharman was also a talented baseball player,
playing and starring in Triple A for
the Dodger's Ft. Worth team, but just couldn't
make the jump, that Gene Conley made from the Braves.
to the Celts.
For we real veterans, Howie Schultz, first base for the Dodgers
and Pro BB for either Sheboygan or Tri-city Hawks.

Tony Jackson was a beautiful player to watch and
was deadly.
I think he came from Jefferson, a school in Brownsville which
was a hotbed of great players.
Yup, was Jefferson. Tony was in same PSAL era as Roger Brown & Connie Hawkins, not shabby. Unfortunately all three damaged by Jack Molinas betting scandal.

You left out Don Nelson who played college at Iowa when they were ranked #1. In a scrimmage vs. The freshman Iowa team featuring a kid from Brooklyn named Connie Hawkins, the were handily beaten. Yes, Hawkins was THAT good, and the predecessor to Erving and Jordan and maybe better in his prime than Baylor. Falsely banned, his best years were plsyed in the Rucker and ABA before reinstatement.
Connie Hawkins was great and the kid from Wingate High was also.
About fifteen years before them was Sherman White from LIU.
Sherman was the Jimmy Brown of basketball, about 6'8" and had the ability to be a point guard
He was the Magic Johnson of his time.

Connie Hawkins was great and the kid from Wingate High was also.
About fifteen years before them was Sherman White from LIU.
Sherman was the Jimmy Brown of basketball, about 6'8" and had the ability to be a point guard
He was the Magic Johnson of his time.
Roger Brown was Wingate guy, followed by short time at Dayton & then ABA & NBA w Pacers

Yup, was Jefferson. Tony was in same PSAL era as Roger Brown & Connie Hawkins, not shabby. Unfortunately all three damaged by Jack Molinas betting scandal.
Jack Molinas was another genuine talent.
Academically very bright.
Stuyvesant High one of the best in the city and then Columbia
Univ.
His problem was, that he was a wise guy. He was so good that he could,
by himself, no help from his teammates, control the point spread
of a basketball game.
He played for the Fort Wayne Pistons, gambled and starred on the team that
had Larry Foust, so good, I think, not sure.

He became a lawyer in California, but he was always a wise guy.

He died, very young, being gunned down in California, by
the boys.

Univ.
of a basketball game.

He became a lawyer in California, but he was always a wise guy.

the boys.
And Molinas was
Univ.
of a basketball game.

He became a lawyer in California, but he was always a wise,guy.

the boys.
Molinas also prime mover in early 60's point shaving scandal.

Ran into to people who followed Ledlum since HS over the weekend. Said he looks a lot heavier and not as athletic.
Don’t know seems pretty solid to me. But that was their opinion.

Applebee's? Hope he's got NIL from them. That place is awful.

One time I asked for a Philly Cheesesteak with just cheese.. (meaning no onions, peepers, mushrooms which was shown on menu as included).

They took that literally and gave me the roll w/ melted cheese....no meat.

Last edited:
Back