Ledlum Struggles

Silas and Dave Cowens making hi-lo post play into an art form. Anything close to that approach is a probable winner. Of course the celts had Jojo, Nelson, and Havlicek for when the defense collapsed inside.
What a team that Celtics had for so
many years . Russell to Cowens to Parrish . All HOF plus all the rest of the Celtics .

The question isn’t what Celtics are in the HOF but , which ones aren’t . The HOF list is very large .

many years . Russell to Cowens to Parrish . All HOF plus all the rest of the Celtics .

The question isn’t what Celtics are in the HOF but , which ones aren’t . The HOF list is very large .
The Yankees of basketball. Best quote about dealing with Red Auerbach (a Brooklyn guy): "When you shake hands with Auerbach, count your fingers."

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231121_131203_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231121_131203_Chrome.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 6
The Yankees of basketball. Best quote about dealing with Red Auerbach (a Brooklyn guy): "When you shake hands with Auerbach, count your fingers."
and check to see if your watch is missing.

Red Auerbach (I think but could be wrong) seems like a Brooklyn guy but isn't he actually from the District of Columbia area?

They had a great coach and when Auerbach lit up his cigar it was a victory cry---- and the
fans went wild !!!

IMO, there are going to be a lot of people here eating crow about Ledlum.

These posts pining for Slazinski are downright hysterical.
Rick Pitino said “our front court depth is terrible.”

If we shoot well 1-3 then QS won’t mean much. If we struggle to shoot, he will be missed.

Pining ? Not really . But, Slazinski was a more than capable Front Court player with skills .

You never want to lose that kind of player . Especially one with prior Pitino experience .

And , remember Slazinski was one of the first Iona guys to transfer over . Pitino wanted to
Keep him but, Quinn wanted more PT assurance .

Who knows he might have gotten it .

Rick Pitino said “our front court depth is terrible.”

If we shoot well 1-3 then QS won’t mean much. If we struggle to shoot, he will be missed.
We definitely are missing Slazinski. Rick P I believe expected to go into the season with Ledlum and Slaz sharing time and providing two different skill sets. We are thin in skill up front with depth that is for sure and willl be rebuilding the front court next year pretty much.

We definitely are missing Slazinski. Rick P I believe expected to go into the season with Ledlum and Slaz sharing time and providing two different skill sets. We are thin in skill up front with depth that is for sure and willl be rebuilding the front court next year pretty much.
He has not looked as good as we hoped but when we got Ledlum everyone was happy and immediately everyone figured Skazinski was a goner. Don’t think anyone including Pitino envisioned a time share at the 4

Reading this, it doesn’t seem like a lot of people actually are pining for slazinski. Plus he plays a style/position that is actually an area of strength (the wing where Taylor, Luis, and alleyne would all challenge him for minutes). Ledlum was necessary because our front court is thin and slazinski wouldn’t have changed that.

Also, a few people have mentioned his shooting, but slazinski and ledlum basically shoot the same % from deep so not sure where that’s coming from. Ledlum’s fg% is down because he’s struggling around the rim, which is why pitino wants him to take more 3s. If ledlum lived off 3s and putbacks he’d be a very efficient offensive player.

They had a great coach and when Auerbach lit up his cigar it was a victory cry---- and the
fans went wild !!!
I had the pleasure sitting next to Coach Auerbach when he was scouting a college game at the Nassau Coliseum. He was pretty funny and engaging. He really liked Mel Davis alot.

Last edited:
Actually he was born in Brooklyn
Beast and Swish absolutely correct Red was a Brooklyn guy through and through, growing up near my parents and where I lived too. He didn't become a D.C. guy until college and George Washington, then stayed a D.C. guy for his adult life; but let's face it he is synonymous with Boston and the Celtics and his life size statue with the cigar are outside Quincy Market.

Celtics had Bailey Howell too
All those Celtics that New Yorkers have forgoten--Larry Bird, Cousy, the Jones boys (Sam and KC), McHale and my favorite Tommy Heinsohn. In the early years, the NBA had a draft and a territorial draft pick--Celts had a lock on Cousy and Heinsohn as Holy Cross was in their territory. Tommy seemed to be the first in low cut Cons; In his 9 season career in the NBA finals 9 times/winning 8 (only Russ and sam have more rings). The celtics on late 50's to mid 60's were a thing of beauty to watch

All those Celtics that New Yorkers have forgoten--Larry Bird, Cousy, the Jones boys (Sam and KC), McHale and my favorite Tommy Heinsohn. In the early years, the NBA had a draft and a territorial draft pick--Celts had a lock on Cousy and Heinsohn as Holy Cross was in their territory. Tommy seemed to be the first in low cut Cons; In his 9 season career in the NBA finals 9 times/winning 8 (only Russ and sam have more rings). The celtics on late 50's to mid 60's were a thing of beauty to watch
You left out Don Nelson who played college at Iowa when they were ranked #1. In a scrimmage vs. The freshman Iowa team featuring a kid from Brooklyn named Connie Hawkins, the were handily beaten. Yes, Hawkins was THAT good, and the predecessor to Erving and Jordan and maybe better in his prime than Baylor. Falsely banned, his best years were plsyed in the Rucker and ABA before reinstatement.

Back