Knicks

Barrett only 20 so I’m not writing him off he will get better. Personally I’d keep Randall. Had a horrible series but you learn from things like this 

mjmaherjr post=434680 said:
Barrett only 20 so I’m not writing him off he will get better. Personally I’d keep Randall. Had a horrible series but you learn from things like this 

Randle had one of the best regular seasons in the history of the Knicks and a putrid playoffs. He'll come back with something to prove. The guy has shown he can become very hungry, very motivated.

No need to overhaul. We actually have the makings of something good for the first time since Melo. 

But PG/SG have to be priorities in the offseason. I like Ball a lot. 

You add a top PG, or at least a good young PG with potential, and it becomes a different team. That will make Randle and RJ even better. 

Writing off RJ is a mistake for anyone who does that. He is a baby still. A notorious hard worker. Look how much he improved in one year. I think he’s the type who can go up another level for sure and he seems to have the work ethic and desire to do that. We’ve seen Randle go up a level through work, no reason RJ cannot. 

Randle played like a 1A this year during the regular season but everyone knows he’s not that. Put another really good play making guard with him, that series looks much different. I wouldn’t be inclined to give Randle the max money he might be eligible to get, but there should be a middle ground where you can retain him for a few years without doing so. 

Knicks will have a lot of cap space. Their free agents that I want back are Rose Gibson Bullock. I think Noel will get more money to go ejsewhere and we have Robinson coming back. Burks will probably get more money elsewhere. Payton can go we need another PG. team has option in Randall for 20 mill so he will be back then they can work on extension. Everyone says it’s a really deep draft and they have I think 2 later middle first rounders so hopefully some good talent there

mjmaherjr wrote:

Knicks will have a lot of cap space. Their free agents that I want back are Rose Gibson Bullock. I think Noel will get more money to go ejsewhere and we have Robinson coming back. Burks will probably get more money elsewhere. Payton can go we need another PG. team has option in Randall for 20 mill so he will be back then they can work on extension. Everyone says it’s a really deep draft and they have I think 2 later middle first rounders so hopefully some good talent there

I think we won two coin tosses on draft picks so wound up with 1st round picks 19 and 21. One of those has to be a point guard and the other either a shooting/combo guard or center.

If the money worked, the Warriors would probably part with Wiggins for a bunch of lesser players coming back their way if the Knicks sweetened the pot with a 1st rounder. 

Noel/Burks/Rose return. Fournier signed as they lose Bullock. I would say that's an upgrade but was hoping for a bigger splash. 

mjmaherjr post=437572 said:
With all that cap space I think today pretty much sucked 
Yup basically used their 53 minion in cap space to sign their own guys and their biggest free agent in like forever in Fournier which says it all. Gotta hope some of their draft picks pan out though Tibs doesn't like to play young players. Wait until never. Riley able to lore FAs too bad he didn't stay with Knicks as President though Dolan would have muffed that up right quick.

mjmaherjr post=437572 said:
With all that cap space I think today pretty much sucked 

Totally agree, this is underwhelming.

Also, I loved what Rose did last year but he'll never play a full season and we gave him three years!  I would have loved Kyle Lowry.  

Not happy with Knicks first day of free agency. I'm fine resigning Noel but didn't need to commit to Burks for three years, Fournier nowhere near defender Bullock is although more well rounded offensively and while I love Rose, he's not a full time player anymore. Not convinced they've improved over last year's team and they still need another point guard (Cam Payne?) to split time with Rose unless they intend to count on McBride to step right in as a rookie.   

No way the Knicks have improved their roster. 
It's a push at best. 

I usually like to keep an emerging team together. 

I was pissed that the 92 Knicks traded Mark Jackson and let Xavier McDaniel and Gerald Wilkins go in favor of Charles Smith (nowhere near the energy of X), Doc Rivers (best years behind him) and Rolando Blackman (on his last legs). 

But this Knicks team needs a legit star to complement RJ and Randle. Otherwise, they are another first-round exit team. 

Four-time All-Star guard Kemba Walker has agreed to a contract buyout with the Oklahoma City Thunder, and upon clearing waivers, plans to sign with the New York Knicks, sources tell ESPN.

Love Kemba, but they're banking on him to be DRose 2021 all over again. 

That's a big IF, but IF he's healthy.... 

Health obviously huge concern but I love this move. With him Rose and the rookie he won’t have to play a crazy amount of minutes and IF he can stay healthy it’s fantastic deal for us. This will get rid of the anger I had the other day. 

Back