Knicks

Kemba was great when he was here in Charlotte. Like this move if he can stay healthy and likely worth the gamble given their other options. He'll have something to prove for sure.

NCJohnnie post=437640 said:
Kemba was great when he was here in Charlotte. Like this move if he can stay healthy and likely worth the gamble given their other options. He'll have something to prove for sure.
Kemba is (was?) a great player but injuries have taken a toll. I can envision he and Rose being out with injuries at the same time. Would have preferred one healthy vet like a Cam Payne. Knicks are like rooting for a football team where injuries are always a concern.

Injury concerns aside, I have always loved Kemba's game.  

Disclaimer:  I still hate UConn

bamafan wrote:

Kemba is (was?) a great player but injuries have taken a toll. I can envision he and Rose being out with injuries at the same time. Would have preferred one healthy vet like a Cam Payne. Knicks are like rooting for a football team where injuries are always a concern.

Hear you bama, but for me Kemba is high risk high reward proposition worth taking, probably
because he's always been a favorite of mine and believe he'll do everything possible to get healthy between now and season's start. Wouldn't have minded Cam Payne option at all btw.   

2 years like 9 mill per thats a steal. pun intended

Last edited:
mjmaherjr post=437750 said:
Randle just got big 4 year extension

He did but he gave the Knicks a huge discount. Had he waited and had another good year in 2021-22, he would have been in line for a contract for more than $200,000,000 instead of the $117,000,000 he got.

While Kemba is an injury risk, he was definitely worth the price the Knicks paid to get him. I also like the acquisition of Fournier. The guy can shoot, which fills a huge need.

For the first time in a very long time, I am cautiously optimistic about the Knicks' future.

Last edited:
I am in with this risk. Will be a great team to root for with real possibilities which is really all a Knick fan can ask for imho...

if Kemba stays relatively healthy it's a huge upgrade over last years team. Kemba is the key

If you want to see our free agent signing France plays USA tonight at 10:30

mjmaherjr post=437830 said:
If you want to see our free agent signing France plays USA tonight at 10:30
Vive la France! /media/kunena/emoticons/ermm.png/media/kunena/emoticons/grin.png

Was hoping Yanks would win it in 8th with bases loaded no one out so I could switch to Olympic basketball but no such luck. Stanton will just never inspire confidence in the clutch. Off topic I know.

NCJohnnie post=437832 said:
Was hoping Yanks would win it in 8th with bases loaded no one out so I could switch to Olympic basketball but no such luck. Stanton will just never inspire confidence in the clutch. Off topic I know.
and just like that Stanton comes through in the clutch with a game tying 2 out bas hit in the bottom of the ninth! /media/kunena/emoticons/grin.png

Back