Keeping Up With Old Friends Thread

Phil belonged in the NBA- its a shame maybe it was his size but he could ball and got better each year. He was a better all-around athlete than D-Lo. Though I also believe D-Lo could have been just a pure shooter role player in NBA. Its too bad. These guys were talented.
ehh... the only one i thought from that senior class that might* make an NBA rotation was Dom... didnt an NBA future for Phil or DLo...

I was at the St John’s USF game in 2012 and attended an alumni reception beforehand on the San Francisco campus. Both Coach Lav and Coach Keady were there as well as Chris Mullin and Billy Schaefer. Lav gave us a preview of the game and predicted he’d get Tee’d up before the first TV time out. He named the ref and said the guy had it in for him since his UCLA days. Sure enough, he got the T within the first couple of minutes. We lost the game because we couldn’t contain their point guard. I think his name was Dooly.

I was at the St John’s USF game in 2012 and attended an alumni reception beforehand on the San Francisco campus. Both Coach Lav and Coach Keady were there as well as Chris Mullin and Billy Schaefer. Lav gave us a preview of the game and predicted he’d get Tee’d up before the first TV time out. He named the ref and said the guy had it in for him since his UCLA days. Sure enough, he got the T within the first couple of minutes. We lost the game because we couldn’t contain their point guard. I think his name was Dooly.
I remember that game. In the days leading up to it the team visited Alcatraz, Fisherman’s Warf, Golden Gate Bridge and went to a Food Bank in Oakland to prepare food for the homeless and then delivered it to them in a park along with tshirts, hats and socks to everyone there.
The arena (tiny gym) at USF was a sellout and if I remember correctly, they brought out some members of their championship team.

mjmaherjr got engaged on that road trip. Just another in a long line of losses that Nathalie has witnessed

Just wish he would have converted the lay up like that vs St. Francis on the Lou Carnesecca dedication night to give us that victory. Any team can always use a big like Lamont on their squad.
Your recollection reminded me of Norm's post game summary on close games vs barely D1 competition. "_________ played a great game and our guys stepped it up in big moments!" after beating crap teams by 2 points at CA.

St. Francis for its part dropped all sports recently. Their President said, "If we couldn't beat a Norm Roberts team by 20 points, we don't deserve to have any sports"

Back