Keegan Bradley

Sherman said:
Are his red shoes for SJU?

Yes they are. He wears them for every final round. In fact, Jim Nantz mentioned that he wears them in honor of his alma mater, St John's

Keegan was tied for the lead after 12 holes but hit his tee shot on the par 3 13th into the water, made a double bogey, and never recovered. He finished in second place and probably cashed about a half mil. Not a bad week's work.

When I watch Keegan play unfortunately it is not to see whether he will implode but when he will implode.

So I won a little money on him leading (tied) after 2 rounds but was hoping for a nice payday as outright winner.  Man. Just put the ball on the green and avoid the water!!!   Come on

Keegan’s 2nd place finish earned him $752K.

I have watched Keegan with pride for his entire PGA career . Even followed him at the 2018 US Open at Shinnecock .  I’m not a golf fix doctor but , if I had Keegan’s ear , I might suggest a switch to Callaway , Taylor or Titleist Clubs ., I don’t see too many guys winning on Tour with Cleveland Clubs and playing a Srixon Ball . But , I realize he may be locked into those Brands for sponsorship  $$$ .   While Cleveland Wedges are quite popular , the rest of the brand doesn’t have the popularity .  And , he needs to continue trying to get the Putting issues under control . Even after the double bogey , he could still have been in it , except he missed a couple of putts within 5 feet . In fact , some under 2 feet .  All up , glad to see him hold on to 2nd place , he could have easily collapsed after the DB and finished further  down the Leaderboard .   Keep teeing it up , Keegan . We are all still behind you . And , it’s noticeable that Jim Nantz likes Keegan . Always gives him and St John’s a mention when he can . 

Last edited:
Knight post=433451 said:
Keegan’s 2nd place finish earned him $752K.

Also importantly the good finish gave him a real bump in the World Rankings jumping from 124 to 74.  He bottomed out at 150 earlier this year.  It's also his first significant finish since a T2 at the Travelers in 2019 after which his ranking was 29.  His highest in the past 2 years.  Keegan is not going to threaten the top guys any time soon.  he thrived in a pretty limited field, though not one of the worst.  But he's a guy who is going to make money and earn his card for a while if he can at least keep his play at the level it's been this year, at least since Phoenix.  Still has some work to do to qualify for most WGC events.  Definitely fun to watch with his risk/reward calculations too.

SLYFOXX1968 post=433462 said:
I have watched Keegan with pride for his entire PGA career . Even followed him at the 2018 US Open at Shinnecock .  I’m not a golf fix doctor but , if I had Keegan’s ear , I might suggest a switch to Callaway , Taylor or Titleist Clubs ., I don’t see too many guys winning on Tour with Cleveland Clubs and playing a Srixon Ball . But , I realize he may be locked into those Brands for sponsorship  $$$ .   While Cleveland Wedges are quite popular , the rest of the brand doesn’t have the popularity .  And , he needs to continue trying to get the Putting issues under control . Even after the double bogey , he could still have been in it , except he missed a couple of putts within 5 feet . In fact , some under 2 feet .  All up , glad to see him hold on to 2nd place , he could have easily collapsed after the DB and finished further  down the Leaderboard .   Keep teeing it up , Keegan . We are all still behind you . And , it’s noticeable that Jim Nantz likes Keegan . Always gives him and St John’s a mention when he can . 

[URL]https://www.golfwrx.com/653362/keegan-bradley-witb-2021-april/[/URL]

SLYFOXX1968 post=433462 said:

I don’t play or know golf but I also follow Keegan and it was cool to see those red shoes!
and the chance for a W
good for him
good for St. John’s 

Keegan off to a good start, 5 under par for second place tie in the Wells Fargo Championship.

Last edited:
Teeing off in 10 minutes in a tie for 2nd two strokes behind Phil (great back nine today, wow).  Most guys backing up today.  

Tough day (not compared to the field but compared to being amongst the leaders) but he's only 5 back, E, T19.  Very nearly jarred his approach at the last to finish the day under par.  The only shot of his I remember them showing in the 8 hours I watched.

austour post=434299 said:
Tough day (not compared to the field but compared to being amongst the leaders) but he's only 5 back, E, T19.  Very nearly jarred his approach at the last to finish the day under par.  The only shot of his I remember them showing in the 8 hours I watched.
Must be a case of Big East bias by ESPN.

Thank you Phil!!!!  Plopped down some nice change on him after second round.  His odds were still great value at that point.  Thank you!!!

And to keep this on topic.  I do plan on betting Keegan when he wins again.  Not a matter of if. Bet when.  I do think it can be this year. 

Last edited:
Back