Johnnies Tidbits

Lakers Sign LJ Figueroa

He played very well for the Hornets in the Summer League and I am surprised he didn't land a two-way deal. This is an Exhibit 10 contract. Each team is allowed six Exhibit 10 contracts. They are one year contracts for the league minimum ($1,017,781). If the player is waived prior to the regular season, they get $50,000 -but must play for the team's affiliate G-League team. LJ signed an Exhibit 10 contract last October with the Warriors and was waived just three days later. It's a tough business. All the best to LJ!

Lakers Sign LJ Figueroa

He played very well for the Hornets in the Summer League and I am surprised he didn't land a two-way deal. This is an Exhibit 10 contract. Each team is allowed six Exhibit 10 contracts. They are one year contracts for the league minimum ($1,017,781). If the player is waived prior to the regular season, they get $50,000 -but must play for the team's affiliate G-League team. LJ signed an Exhibit 10 contract last October with the Warriors and was waived just three days later. It's a tough business. All the best to LJ!

Lakers Waive LJ Figueroa

Just two days later. I think this is by design to make it more appealing for him ($50,000) to play with their G-League affiliate while he waits for another opportunity.

Back